The Arken Optics EP4 line of riflescopes are new for 2020 and with everything going on in the world today, we were excited to receive one in for review and use in the field. This article/video will give an overview of the specs and my first impressions of this new riflescope. We will follow-up with a full range and hunt report in the near future, so stay-tuned!
Arken Optics EP4 6-24X50 FFP MIL EPR Reticle with Zero Stop – 34mm Tube
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50 mm
- Eye Relief: 3.62 – 3.15 inches
- Field of View: 20.9-5.2 ft@100 Yards
- Tube Size: 34 mm
- Turret Adjustment: 1/10 Mil
- Reticle Position: First Focal Plane
- Reticle Details: EPR MIL (This stadiametric ranging system decreases reliance on additional tools and increases the ability to engage more quickly) Based on 5’9″ height, 19.5″ shoulder width
- Zero Stop: AZS Zero Stop System
- Zero Reset: Yes
- Elevation Adj. Range: 28 MIL
- Windage Adj. Range: 10 MIL
- Adjustment Per Revolution: 10 MIL
- Parallax: Side Parallax Adjustments: 25 Yds – Infinity
- Illuminated Reticle: No
- Turret Rotation: Counter Clockwise (CCW)
- Length: 14 inches
- Weight: 32 oz
- Sunshade: Yes
- The EP4 optic we received seems to be very well built. The feel is substantial and there are no external plastic parts.
- The elevation, or windage turrets have a very positive detent, with no movement. Meaning, the “clicks” are very positive.
- The magnification and parallax knob are stiff, but not overly so. Which is to be expected on a new optic.
- The glass seems very clear. I will compare it to some of my higher end glass once I have it in the field and at the range.
- The reticle was easy to read and intuitive, without being too busy.
- I appreciated the torque ring specification sticker that was included directly on the scope (15 inch pounds).
As stated above, I will be publishing a complete review after using it in the field and completing my range testing, so stay-tuned.
- Fix It Sticks – Scope Jack and Bubble Level Kit Overview - November 6, 2020
- Arken Optics EP4 Riflescope Overview and First Impressions - October 25, 2020
- Overview of the SPUHR ISMS Single Piece Scope Mount and Install of an Arken Optic - October 9, 2020