Kalibrgun Cricket Airguns have become hugely popular in the airgun community, with their compact Cricket Bullpup rifles. What many folks don’t know, is that Kalibrgun has a full-size “hunting” rifle. I had a great time heading up to Northern Arizona to shoot some airguns with Cliff, who owns the VarmintAir Airgun Hunting Blog. We did some target shooting in the forest and I got to shoot his Kalibrgun Cricket full-size Rifle (.22 caliber). We had the target set at 50 yards and I shot a handful of magazines to get a feel for a rifle, that up until now, I had only seen at the 2014 SHOT Show. It was breezy, but the rifle still performed well, with hits on the 1″ bullseye being frequent.
What can I say that most folks don’t already know? The Kalibrgun’s are very well-made, function smoothly and are VERY accurate. I was impressed and can’t wait to see what is released in the future by the fine folks at Kalibrgun, including the much anticipated Hummingbird (Colibri) semi-auto bull-pup!
Some specs on the Cricket Rifle:
- 300 BAR airtube = +/- 70 shots at 32 fpe (.22 caliber)
- 14-shot magazine
- Weight = 7+ pounds
- Length = 42 inches
- 15mm free floated barrel
- Picatinny rail for scope mount
- American Walnut stock with adjustable cheek piece and butt
Head over to the VarmintAir Blog for updates, pictures, hunt/shoot videos and detailed information on the Cricket Rifle, as well as a library of other airgun, optic and pellet reviews and posts.
The Kalibrgun Cricket Rifles are available from the following airgun retailers:
Precision Airguns and Supplies:
The Steel Target I was shooting is the Quadrant Target from:
Kalibrgun Cricket Rifle Shooting with VarmintAir:
— Eric Mayer
- Mead Industries .223 Remington Dog Gone Ammunition – 4-Minute Ammo Review with Prairie Dog Hunt - January 12, 2023
- Mormon Cricket Hunting With Airguns – Defending Idaho from the Horde - December 7, 2022
- Hornady 6MM ARC Full Review and Hunt Report from a Varmint Hunter’s Perspective - November 11, 2022