The Magpul Hunter American Stock for Ruger American short-action rifles has been talked about for a while, but has never been officially “released”. Finally, at the recent 2018 SHOT Show, Magpul announced that their Hunter American stock will be available in late May, 2018.
This stock is going to be a great option for those who are shooting the Ruger American short-action rifles, but need something better than the factory OEM stock. We have used both the Magpul Hunter X-22 and Hunter 700 rifle stocks and have found both to be a huge improvement over the stocks the rifles originally shipped with. The Hunter American stock has an MSRP of $299.95, which is a very good price for an aftermarket product of this caliber.
While at the recent 2018 SHOT Show, we asked Cris McRae from Magpul, Inc. to discuss the new stock, some of the features and pricing:
Listed below are the complete Product Details from the Magpul site:
Made from reinforced polymer and an anodized aluminum bedding block with steel recoil lugs. The Magpul Hunter American stock offers users a cost-effective replacement featuring a fully adjustable length of pull, comb height, and enhanced ergonomics. Compatible with Ruger American Short Action rifles, this stock requires no bedding and is a true “drop-in” solution for the end user. This stock is also M-LOK® compatible to accept a broad range of accessories. Included is our Bolt Action Magazine Well and a PMAG 5 7.62 AC which allows the rifle to be used with detachable box magazines without any need for custom inletting.
- Compatible with Ruger American short action rifles*
- Bolt Action Magazine Well – Hunter American & PMAG 5 7.62 AC included for reliable detachable box magazine compatibility
- Reinforced polymer construction with Type III Hard anodized, machine finished cast aluminum bedding block
- High strength steel recoil lugs
- Compatible with barrel profiles up to medium palma
- Fully adjustable length of pull
- Optional 0.00″, 0.50″, and 0.75″ Cheek Risers available to adjust cheek weld (Stock comes pre-fitted with 0.25″ Riser)
- M-LOK compatible for additional accessories
- Weighs 3.3 lbs
*NOTE: PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine is for the 308 Winchester and similar sized cartridges. Rifles that use smaller or larger cartridge cases will require the customer to separately purchase an AICS pattern compatible magazine of their choice.
- Anschutz 17P – 17HMR Pistol Review and Nevada Ground Squirrel Hunt - September 14, 2019
- HSM Varmint Blue 223 Ammunition – Three Minute Ammo Review - September 1, 2019
- Information on Varmint Hunting in Southern Idaho - July 19, 2019