Unfortunately, due to new regulations passed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California residents are no longer allowed to hold “contest hunts” on predators. This vote took place on Wednesday, with the results taking affect immediately, so the Varminter Predator Hunt Picture Contest ended the moment the vote was cast.
Thanks for all who joined our site, with the intentions of participating in the contest, but didn’t get a chance. Once I am out of California, we will start the contests up again.
Eight years ago, we held the First Annual Varminter.com Predator Contest. We had entries from all across North America, with every kind of predator taken and the picture entered into the contest. Although our original contest, as well as the ones that followed, were a bit different than most, it worked out to be a great time for everyone who participated.
The prizes we have this year include the following:
#1 Ruger American Rifle in .17HMR caliber, topped with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40mm Riflescope and BKL Rings – This is a rifle that we are currently finishing up a review on, so it will be one that has been tested by the Varminter Magazine staff and hunted with on video. The complete review article, with video will be on our front page (Varminter.com).
#1 ICOtec GC500 Programmable Game Call
#1 Custom Knife by member Old Hickory
#1 box – Federal 525 Pack – .22 Long Rifle
Misc Prizes – All Handcalls available from Timberbutte Outdoors:
#1 – Orion Enclosed Reed Hand Calls
#1 – Orion Enclosed Reed Hand Calls
#1 – Idle Bros. Wooden Jackrabbit Hand Call
#1 – Verminator Thumper Hand Call
#1 – Verminator Tweety Hand Call
#1 – Reese Outdoors “Jack on Crack” Hand Call
#1 – Relentless Game Calls – Relentless Jack Hand Call
Who Can Participate?:
1) Anyone who is a member of the Varminter Forums and who posts a picture that falls within the guidelines listed below and in the Predator Hunting and Calling Forum here on Varminter.
2) Anyone who is 18 years or older and can legally own the prizes offered in this hunt picture contest.
3) Anyone who lives in a city, county, or state within the United States of America, who has the legal right to own the prizes offered in this hunt picture contest at their location.
4) Transfers must be made legally, through a licensed FFL.
5) California residents are no longer allowed to participate in this Picture Contest.
The picture entry must be of one of the following predators (Coyote, Bobcat, Fox, Badger, Raccoon, Wolf & Mountain Lion all qualify) and fall under the following rules:
1) The dead animal in the submitted picture, must have been taken by you.
2) It must have been killed by either a firearm, archery or airgun (not trapped).
3) It must have been taken legally and in-season.
4) It must have been taken during the dates starting from September 5, 2014 through February 28, 2015.
5) You must post your picture within the Varminter Predator Hunting and Calling Forum in your own thread that you start between September 5, 2014 and February 28, 2015 (11:59PM PST).
6) The drawing will take place after February 28, 2015 and the winners will be announced within two weeks of the closing date listed above.
7) The posted picture must also include the printable contest card on, or directly in front of the animal taken. You must print out this contest card and include it, along with the predator call, firearm used and the dead animal within your posted picture (the animal must be called in and not trapped). The posted picture must show these items, or it will not qualify for a contest prize.
Please click here for the printable .pdf that must be placed in directly in front of the animal taken.
Everyone who posts a picture that meets the guidelines posted above, gets entered into the drawing. Although everyone gets one chance to win, regardless of how many predator pictures submitted, we will be giving away a small prize package for the person who posts the most pictures of different animals taken.
Please feel free to ask any questions about this predator hunt picture contest in this thread over on our Varminter Forums:
Latest posts by Eric Mayer (see all)
- Rockchuck Huntingwith a Suppressed CZ 17 Hornet - January 31, 2019
- Hunting with the Hornady 218 Bee Factory Ammo - January 9, 2019
- New Aguila 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum – Initial Ammo Review - January 3, 2019