Magpul is doing it again. In-between their announcements of a new apparel line, and new accessories, they still continue to crank out stocks that meet the needs of varmint hunters everywhere. After it’s release, the Ruger 10/22 Takedown rifle became very popular as a compact hunting gun, that could be taken apart and stored in a tight area in the truck, or in a backpack for small game hunting while on the move. This latest stock release by Magpul allows for Takedown rifle owners to gear up with a modern, adjustable and comfortable stock. Varminter Magazine tested and was very impressed with the standard X-22 Hunter Stock, and it was added to all of our 10/22 rifles. I’m sure the ingenuity that oozes from Magpul will mean another great option for Ruger 10/22 Takedown owners.
The Magpul Hunter X-22 Takedown chassis is an ergonomic, full-featured stock for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown series rifle.
Made from high quality reinforced polymer, the Hunter X-22 Takedown features an ergonomic grip, adjustable length of pull and comb height to fit a wide variety of shooters, multiple sling mounting options, a non-slip rubber butt-pad, and M-LOK® slots for accessory attachment.
The Hunter X-22 Takedown fits standard Ruger 10/22 Takedown .22 LR pattern rifles with no gunsmithing, and a reversible barrel tray ensures proper fit with factory pencil profile as well as heavy bull barrels.
Made in U.S.A.
- Drop-in design compatible with all factory Ruger 10/22 Takedown .22 LR receivers
- Reinforced polymer construction for strength and durability
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 12.5”-14.5” with 0.50” Spacers
- Non-slip rubber butt-pad
- Optional Cheek Riser Kits to raise cheek height 0.25”, 0.50”, or 0.75”
- Reversible barrel tray accepts all factory barrels as well as aftermarket up to 0.920”
- Adjustable barrel tensioning shim in forend for setting barrel preload (barrel may also be free-floated)
- Compatible with all capacities of factory Ruger 10/22 magazines
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Two dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops
Latest posts by Varminter Magazine (see all)
- New HOWA Long-Range Rifle featuring the GRS Berserk Synthetic Rifle Stock - April 14, 2017
- New Lead Free 17WSM Ammunition from Winchester - February 26, 2017
- Berger Bullets Joins Nammo Group - October 28, 2016