The Magpul X-22 stock for Ruger 10-22 rifles have hit the market and we were able to get a hold of one before our next hunt trip. If you saw our quick news release on social media, or on our forums, then you probably know what I am writing about. However, for those who have not heard of it, we are including the specs in this brief article.
Although Magpul, Inc is well known in the AR15 world as makers of the PMAG magazines, they also make high-quality, well-thought out stocks for the AR15. This new X-22 stock, along with their recently released Magpul Hunter 700 (for the Remington Model 700), is their foray into the traditional (bolt-action and 10/22) market. We have a lot of Magpul stocks on the AR15s we shoot, so it was no surprise that the X-22 stock is very well made and the two Ruger 10/22s I mounted in the stock fit very snug, with no gaps. One was an older model (1980s), the other is a more recent rifle, purchased in the late 2000’s. I ended up leaving the latter 10/22 in the stock, which I will be using for a future range and hunt report. Below is a gallery of the stock we received and images of a Ruger 10/22 mounted in the stock.
Magpul X-22 Rifle Stock Specifications
The Magpul Hunter X-22 chassis is an ergonomic, full-featured stock for the ubiquitous Ruger 10/22 rifle. Made from high quality reinforced polymer, the Hunter X-22 features an ergonomic grip, adjustable length of pull and comb height to fit a wide variety of shooters,multiple sling mounting options, a non-slip rubber butt pad, and M-LOK slots for accessory attachment.
The Hunter X-22 fits standard Ruger 10/22 .22 LR pattern rifles with no gunsmithing, and a reversible barrel tray ensures proper fit with factory pencil profile as well as heavy bull barrels.Made in U.S.A.
- Drop-in design compatible with all factory Ruger 10/22 .22 LR receivers
- Reinforced polymer construction for strength and durability
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 12.5”-14.5” with 0.50” Spacers
- Non-slip rubber butt-pad
- Optional Cheek Riser Kits to raise cheek height 0.25”, 0.50”, or 0.75”
- Reversible barrel tray accepts all factory barrels as well as aftermarket up to 0.920”
- Compatible with all capacities of factory Ruger 10/22 magazines
- M-LOK™ slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Two dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops
- Weight: 2.45 lbs (w/two Spacers installed)
- LOP Adjustment Range: ~12.5-14.5 in.
- Width of Forend, Max: 1.9 in.
- Width of Butt, Max: 1.5 in.
- Butt Pad Dimensions: 1.5×5.0 in.
The Magpul X-22 Stock is Available at Wild West Gun Gear (if you purchase using the link below, Varminter Magazine receives a small percentage):
- New RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press - August 2, 2020
- Pennsylvania Approves Night Vision Optics for Furbearer Hunting - August 2, 2020
- Remington Outdoor Company, Subsidiaries File for Chapter 11 Reorganization - August 2, 2020