SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (January 8, 2020) – Performance Center announced today that it has expanded its rifle line with the addition of four new lightweight .22LR rimfire rifles. The new Performance Center T/CR22 rifles feature a lightweight carbon fiber barrel and ergonomic stocks in multiple color options. Co-developed by Performance Center and Thompson/Center Arms™, the Performance Center T/CR22 rimfire rifles operate using the reliable T/CR22 semi-automatic rifle action and 10 round rotary magazine, while maintaining compatibility with most aftermarket 10/22® parts and accessories.
Tony Miele, Sr. Director, New Products and Performance Center, said, “Building upon the success of the Performance Center T/CR22 rifles, we have designed and developed this lightweight rimfire rifle for competitive shooting and small-game hunting. These rifles are designed to reduce weight through their slim, ergonomic stocks and carbon fiber barrels while being engineered to deliver the supreme accuracy and ergonomics that Performance Center is known for.”
The Performance Center T/CR22 is offered in four configurations: a Hogue® Overmolded® Thumbhole black synthetic stock and an Altamont® Laminated Thumbhole stock in a wood, red, or blue finish. The rifles feature a light, crisp trigger pull, lightweight carbon fiber barrels, and a threaded muzzle that allows for the use of a suppressor or other muzzle device.
Performance Center T/CR22 features include:
- Lightweight Carbon Fiber barrel with 1:15” twist rate
- Custom Performance Center muzzle brake
- Available with black Hogue Overmolded Thumbhole stock or Altamont Laminated Thumbhole stock in wood, red, or blue finishes
- Optics-ready with built-in picatinny rail
- Last shot bolt hold open when using factory magazine
- Easy-to-use push button safety
- Oversized bolt handle for easy manipulation
Chambered in .22LR, the new Performance Center T/CR22 rifle ships with one 10-round detachable rotary magazine and includes Thompson/Center’s limited lifetime warranty. The new Performance Center T/CR22 rifle with black Hogue Overmolded stock will carry an MSRP of $523, while the Altamont Laminated Thumbhole version will carry an MSRP of $642.
Latest posts by Varminter Magazine (see all)
- Franklin Armory Announces BFSIII Trigger for the Ruger 10/22 - January 16, 2020
- T/C Performance Center Releases New Lightweight T/CR22 Rifles - January 8, 2020
- HAWKE Optics Announces Vantage Series of Laser Range Finders - January 8, 2020