The new Ruger American Rimfire Wood Stock rifle was announced today by Ruger Arms. This rifle is the first of the American rimfires to come from the factory with a wood stock, and will only be featured in the .22 Long Rifle caliber. We are hoping that they begin to offer their other popular American Rimfire rifles with a factory wood stock option. As many readers remember, we here at Varminter Magazine gave away a Ruger American Rimfire in .17HMR during our last Predator Contest.
Here are the specs released by Ruger Arms today:
Stock: Wood Capacity: 10
Material: Alloy Steel Finish: Satin Blued
Barrel Length: 22″ Overall Length: 41″
Front Sight: Fiber Optic Rear Sight: Adjustable
Weight: 6.1 lbs. Length of Pull: 13.75″
Twist: 1:16″ RH Grooves: 6
Suggested Retail: $449.00
Here are the features included in this new rifle:
- Attractive wood stock features front and rear sling swivel studs, checkering on the grip and forend, and a rubber buttpad to make for a comfortable length of pull.
- Features the detachable, flush-mounted 10/22® BX-1 10-round rotary magazine. Accepts all 10/22® magazines, including the BX-25® and BX-25®x2.
- Easy-to-use 10/22®-style extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss magazine removal.
- Patent-pending Power Bedding® integral bedding block system positively locates the receiver and free-floats the barrel for outstanding accuracy.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between 3 and 5 pounds.
- Features a visible, accessible and easy-to-actuate tang safety.
- Satin blued, target-crowned, hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.
- A 3/8″ rimfire scope base is machined into the receiver, which is also drilled and tapped for Weaver® #12 bases (not included).
- A 60˚ bolt provides ample scope clearance, while an easy-to-use, receiver-mounted bolt release allows the bolt to be readily removed without requiring a pull of the trigger, a unique safety feature among rimfire, bolt-action rifles.
- Also Includes: Williams™ fiber optic front sight and 10/22®-style adjustable, “V” slot, folding-leaf rear sight; sling swivel studs.
- Volquartsen Discontinues Production of their 17WSM Summit Rifle and Semi-Auto Rifles - October 21, 2020
- Truth About Guns Reports on Remington Asset Bids Now Revealed - September 28, 2020
- New RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press - August 2, 2020