Am I The Only One Who Gets The "burning Feeling"

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 12:26 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

Nice score, CGS!  It is obvious you are a very well prepared fella. I consider your new gun as special because you like it and wanted it. No gun is more special than that.

And you tamed down that burning fever.  :biggrincamo:

I have a special gun, one I have owned since I was young.  It's a very old Damascus barreled side by side 12GA shotgun I have killed a lot of game with, including a deer and a very memorable bear. The old dinged wood stock is of very plain wood but to me, the old gun is beautiful.

Edited by Old Hickory, 22 September 2017 - 02:41 AM.

#92 2011ERIC

2011ERIC

Varminter

• 13 posts
  • Interests:Competitive USPSA pistol shooter but rifles are my true love

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

The struggle is very real. I've felt this way 2 or 300 times in my life. No kidding!

#93 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

Wife asked me why I have need of so many guns. My reply was for her to count her pairs of shoes, purses, and credit cards. End of discussion.  :biggrincamo: 

My last burning buys were about 13-15 years apart, the last being my BMAG and the one before was when HMR rifles showed up in stores. I was going to grab a .17 Hornet when the .17 WSM became available, nixing the Hornet. My HMR is now a safe queen.