Varminter

• 24 posts
  • Local time: 12:24 AM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (on target @ Dec 21 2005, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I to have had that burning feeling smile.gif
But then my knee's start to shake.Because i know that i have to tell the mrs
when i get home. Then my dinner gets that burning feeling laugh.gif

dang i love being single i always have money for guns and ammo and i don't get my ars chewed out every time i bring a new gun home smile.gif

#32 2fewdaysafield

2fewdaysafield

Varminter

• 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (BRIAR @ Feb 21 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i do have it. notice i didn't say did. my doctor told me that mine is not curable. this is why i have 3 safes. i feel like someone who is hooked on crack. my last fix was the new model 10 predator.

OH MY. Model 10 Predator....Full Camo. My temp has been going up up up since I first saw it a few days ago. SHWEEEET!!!!

#33 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,233 posts
  • Local time: 02:24 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:25 AM

anim_rofl2.gif Too funny Eric. Way #2 almost wink.gif got the best of me this week

#34 Rick

Rick

Varminter

• 379 posts
  • Local time: 11:24 PM

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

Well guys I had the burning feeling to head to South Dakota this year for some PD hunting with my buddy Jim but with the way gas prices are going up each and every day, that burning feeling has gone away. I have stop reloading for the trip e-mail my buddy Jim and told him I not going now and put everything away.
Maybe next year will be a better year for me!

My trap shooting that I love to do may also slow way down.
My wife told me if I stay home and not go out to SD this year that I could buy a new trap gun but with the way things are now days I am not even going to take her up on that.

Sorry guys for venting but I just down today after seeing gas price hit $395 a gallon today.

#35 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,140 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

yeah it's pretty crazy. Drilling for vast U.S. oil supplies and building new refineries is the answer for now. You think Obama and the rest of the lib's will go for that? It's seriously hurting the economy in that it affects everything we buy.

Protector of the nuts.

#36 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,233 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

You think Obama and the rest of the lib's will go for that? It's seriously hurting the economy in that it affects everything we buy.

Somehow I don't think he gives a crap about them gas prices or how it effects the economy for everyone; as he said so himself a couple of years ago about not worrying about $4.00 a gallon gas. His vision & fantasy is on windmills and solar panels, not on America's needs and quality of life.

Posted Image

#37 Rick

Rick

Varminter

• 379 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

That picture tells us all just what he thinks about this country.

#38 2fewdaysafield

2fewdaysafield

Varminter

• 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

That picture tells us all just what he thinks about this country.

As if we didn't already know.

#39 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,682 posts
  • Local time: 01:24 AM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

Seems I'm not the only one. It's gotten so bad for some, they are writing songs about it!

Check out his other videos on his YouTube page, they are hilarious, but DEAD-ON! FX-Hummel Website

Eric A. Mayer B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#40 nantan2

nantan2

Varminter

• 99 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Eric:

I feel your pain (burning). I was down at my local gun shop one day making a payment on a RR AR15. After I'd made the payment I was scanning the display cases...and there to my surprise was a Hammerli .22 Trailside. :o I'd read the review on it like a year before, and had not been able to find one. And, there it lay...right under the glass for all to behold. I wasted no time in getting the managers attention. Then of course, once I'd actually held the thing of beauty...it was over. Another gun on lay away! Sadly I had to sacrifice my Ruger Slab side stainless target pistol in order to get the Hammerli out of lay away :( , but I have been very pleased with my decision for many years now. Mounted a Millet Red Dot on the Hammerli, and to say it is "deadly" is an under statement. Some times you've gotta give in order to get. At least on my pay check. :D

#41 XR100

XR100

Varminter

• 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Besides the "burning feeling", there's that sinking feeling. Like when you reflect on how much you enjoyed shooting that rifle that you sold last year. Last year it seemed like a good idea because you needed the cash to buy a rifle that you thought you might like better; this year you'd pay twice what you sold it for to get it back. Or when you see and a friend or new acquaintance allows you to try out a certain rifle and you set your heart on finding one for yourself. But you find that they're no longer manufactured and the used market isn't listing it ... and hasn't listed one for over a year. Yep, we've all been there.

#42 Show-MeShooter

Show-MeShooter

Varminter

• 24 posts
  • Local time: 01:24 AM
  • Interests:hunting and fishing.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

You're not alone Eric,

There is another burning feeling, which is the one I'm feeling. I sold my Tikka last year when my wife lost her job. Now I have another rifle waiting on lay-a-way, while I wait for my W-2 for my tax return. B)

#43 WVarmint

WVarmint

Varminter

• 11 posts
  • Local time: 03:24 AM
  • Interests:Anything Hunting

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Wow..... I just loooked at Volquartsen..... Just made my Bucket List..... Gotta get one by next year..... My luck they will go out of business a week before I buy it..... Burn will reduce to a fizzle.....

#44 GTOHunter

GTOHunter

Varminter

• 27 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 AM
  • Interests:Deer Hunting,Predator Hunting,Pontiacs and going to the local Wineries!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I had the burning feeling last week...went to look at Rifles with a Friend,saw a nice new Remington .22 Hornet to drool over,then the Dealer showed me a Browning A-Bolt Micro-Hunter in the .204 that I can't quit dreaming about! :(

Edited by GTOHunter, 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#45 Eremius

Eremius

Varminter

• 10 posts
  • Local time: 03:24 AM

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I am currently managing the burning feeling as I ordered a new Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223. Apparently they are a bit backed up in shipping (like everyone else) so I am left impatiently waiting...