• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wynton

Wynton

Varminter

• 12 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 PM

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

This is my first original topic on Varminter.com, and I hope it won't be my last.
Anyway, I have a question about aftermarket target knobs on inexpensive scopes. I have been able to locate them for the higher end models, but I have a Bushnell Banner that I would like to outfit with them.
I know that they would not serve much purpose, seeing that I won't be shooting this rifle much past 300, but I like the way they look. Please no flames for trying to go with the cool factor. :lol:
Any comments are welcome.

-Wynton

#2 cybrfire

cybrfire

Varminter

• 330 posts
  • Interests:varmint hunting, hunting in general and 4 wheel drive trucks.

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:17 PM

I think maybe stoney point makes them.

#3 Wynton

Wynton

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:31 PM

I found Stoney Point's website, but they do not list Bushnell. Maybe I will measure the threads and try to find some to match.

Edited by Wynton, 20 December 2003 - 05:32 PM.

#4 RSCAR

RSCAR

Sniper

• 3,185 posts
  • Interests:All things firearms, Offshore ocean fishing, making my wife happy and enjoying my life, annoying people

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:05 PM

Just my opinion Wynton, but I say shoot your rig and enjoy/become proficient with it as it is. Dont bother ''upgrading'' a low end unit with bells and whistles, save the dough for a better unit somewhere down the line.. :lol:
Aim Small-Miss Small...RSCAR...
Anybody worth shooting is worth shooting twice

#5 Wynton

Wynton

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:25 PM

Just my opinion Wynton, but I say shoot your rig and enjoy/become proficient with it as it is. Dont bother ''upgrading'' a low end unit with bells and whistles, save the dough for a better unit somewhere down the line.. :lol:

Thanks Dad, I needed that. You are right, i will leave it. It is a pretty good shooter, those target knobs just look so neat! :D

-Wynton

#6 RSCAR

RSCAR

Sniper

• 3,185 posts
  • Interests:All things firearms, Offshore ocean fishing, making my wife happy and enjoying my life, annoying people

Posted 21 December 2003 - 07:24 AM

Once you get used to a little hold-over or hold-off and making your shot, you'll take the well earned pride in your skills and be confident knowing that you have the skills. Then get the other stuff that makes life easier and remember that stuff can always break but your skills will always be yours. This is just ''An exercise in verbal sagacity'' from KOG :lol:
Aim Small-Miss Small...RSCAR...
Anybody worth shooting is worth shooting twice