• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 380 posts
  • Local time: 06:59 PM

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:53 AM

A few weeks ago I got a brand new Christensen Arms Ranger 22.   I was hoping that after a year and a half they would have corrected the extraction/ejection issues.  They haven't.  The last fired casing ends up falling partially back into the magazine.   It is currently on it's way back to the factory for attention.   The bolt action is also rough compared to other brands.  In spite of these issues I really like the rifle.  I like it better than the CZ I got rid of which had no issues.  Hopefully it will function perfectly when I get it back.  Many years ago  I adopted the policy of only returning something ONCE for correction.  If it needs more I get rid of it.   I am keeping my fingers crossed.

• Old Hickory 45 likes this

#2 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• 553 posts
  • Local time: 05:59 PM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:34 AM

The truth is, you shouldn't have to even once! To me, Grade A quality control is a prerequisite for any projectile shooting weapon, including airgun and archery weapons. Unfortunately, that isn't the case nowadays.

• mongochicago and Old Hickory 45 like this

#3 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 04:26 AM

The truth is, you shouldn't have to even once! To me, Grade A quality control is a prerequisite for any projectile shooting weapon, including airgun and archery weapons. Unfortunately, that isn't the case nowadays.

I feel exactly the same way.   I am tired of being a quality tester without being paid for it.

• Old Hickory 45 likes this

#4 Old Hickory 45

Old Hickory 45

Varminter

• 202 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list but my top one is hunting tree squirrels with my Savage BMAG .17WSM. I have retired my custom knife shop after many great years of use.

Posted 10 August 2021 - 05:26 AM

I feel exactly the same way.   I am tired of being a quality tester without being paid for it.

Yeah on that! I  have two .17 Savage rifles and I overhauled them to get what I need out of them. I left the factory out of the deal because of the long delays. They are now both great shooters after a lot of work and some expense.