• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• 83 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 PM

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

I was out hunting this morning and everything was going good. The call was working  and all of a sudden it stopped . I retrieved the call and replaced the batteries with new ones thinking this might be the problem but it didn't fix it. So after hiking in for a morning hunt I had to hike back out disappointed! Well I contacted Foxpro and explained the problem. They asked a few questions and told me to send it in but that  it was an old unit and his best estimate was a 25% chance of being repaired. I just went through the same mess with 5 Reconyx trail cameras. They also were the older models that are no longer in production so they couldn't be repaired. They gave me 400 bucks towards the purchase of 4 new cameras. Well that would still cost me 300 per camera so I went and bought Browning trail cameras and got 4 for 400 ! My question-Is there anyway to fix the FX3 without  sending it back? Has anyone here experienced the same problem? It was working just fine and then it just stopped, You can't turn it on with or with out the remote. When you click it on or off it just flickers the green light for a nano second but no sound or numbers on the screen. The remote still shows numbers, Or has anyone had this same problem recently and got it repaired by Foxpro?

Regards PJ

Edited by poacherjoe, 10 October 2019 - 12:09 PM.

#2 dangerranger

dangerranger

Varminter

• 527 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy building guns as much as shooting them.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

Joe, If you can find an electronics guy, that would be your best chance locally. I see you are in Central CA, how close to Fresno are you? Coast Electronics fixed one for me. But anyone who can do board level repairs should be able to help. You might look at high end Stereo repair shops. DR

PS. It's time to try a manual call. they never run low on battery's! DR

Edited by dangerranger, 18 October 2019 - 03:38 PM.

• poacherjoe likes this

#3 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:39 AM

I sent it back to them so I will keep my fingers crossed for a good result. Thanks for the advice. How much did your repair cost? I might just drive down to Fresno and let them do it! That is if Foxpro can't or won't do it. I still have the mouth calls to keep me going but I do like the remote FX3.

Regards PJ

• dangerranger likes this

#4 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:20 PM

Fixed ! Corrosion in the battery tray! 50.00 bucks ...  :nerdcamo:

• dangerranger likes this