Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

https://www.forbes.c...p/#6629ce936135

#2 comcam

comcam

Varminter

• 60 posts
  • Local time: 06:13 PM

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:07 AM

Man that sucks!  Lets hope they can't get the info.

#3 Old Hickory 45

Old Hickory 45

Varminter

• 68 posts
  • Local time: 08:13 PM

Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:35 PM

They can get the info. Reason? They want the info for honest reasons, my two cents worth. 

It is another way to look for and track terrorists. 

If they check all buyers and discover one bad guy, I agree it would be worth the effort. Some will disagree with our feds seeking such information but it is another tool to protect us.

It doesn't take much imagination to figure how much damage someone can do with such equipment.

My 30 years of looking for such people has convinced me we have to give a little.

Edited by Old Hickory 45, 11 October 2019 - 12:39 PM.

• mongochicago likes this

#4 orkan

orkan

Varminter

• 5 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 PM

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:11 AM

They can get the info. Reason? They want the info for honest reasons, my two cents worth. 

If they check all buyers and discover one bad guy, I agree it would be worth the effort. Some will disagree with our feds seeking such information but it is another tool to protect us.

It doesn't take much imagination to figure how much damage someone can do with such equipment.

My 30 years of looking for such people has convinced me we have to give a little.

The very mindset of every tyrant in history. 

You can take your "it's for your safety" line and shove it. 

#5 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 351 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:50 AM

And you will probably be the first to complain that the govt. should have done something when a tragedy occurs.    You probably complain about the long wait getting on a plane too.

• Old Hickory 45 likes this

#6 dangerranger

dangerranger

Varminter

• 527 posts
  • Local time: 06:13 PM
  • Interests:I enjoy building guns as much as shooting them.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:06 PM

I fall somewhere in the middle of this, If the gov can show good reason to be looking at someone.... Have at it, with every tool in there box. But just because I accessed a legal phone app should not trigger the same response!

This is just a Checks and Balances thing that has been in place since 1776!

You want the info, Convince a judge you have a reason to look at them. DR

#7 Old Hickory 45

Old Hickory 45

Varminter

• 68 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:34 AM

That's rather rude, pal. You can disagree but you don't have to be rude. 

#8 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 436 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 PM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 19 October 2019 - 02:53 AM

Privacy issues versus fed snooping has always been a sticky wicket, with pros and cons on both sides. This said, this issue has very little to do with airport security and/or the TSA.

If we really want to get our bowels in an uproar, let's talk about the NSA and their multi-billion dollar, underground, personal-information storage facility in Sandy, UT! I say personal, because information is stored there that would curl the hair of the Ole Scratch himself! 

#9 Old Hickory 45

Old Hickory 45

Varminter

• 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:28 AM

Yeah on that, Alan, very sticky. Most of us plod along in the middle as far as personal feelings. It is often not enjoyed but is a way of life since 9/11.

I saw the second plane hit the Tower on TV that morning.  I was supposed to be off duty that day. I told my wife the phone was going to ring. While I was getting into my uniform and sure enough, the phone rang and I received orders to report for duty at HQ. 

We went straight into 12/7 duty and it was many weeks before we were afforded a day off. 

Edited by Old Hickory 45, 20 October 2019 - 02:32 AM.