• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 botay

botay

Varminter

• 6 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:50 AM

Just got home, the dog's were really gun shy! The lady at Fish and Game in Mobridge was extremely helpful, was nearly ready to call the hunt out of frustration. A lot of driving around, and not much shooting, the rainy weather put a damper on the hunting as well. Shot mainly a .204 Ruger, and my father a .223 Rem. It can be done, but don't expect shooting like a guide put you on a private dogtown!

• RickyI likes this

#2 RickyI

RickyI

Varminter

• 63 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 PM
  • Interests:Rimfires, hunting, jeeping and the Outdoors

Posted 05 July 2019 - 04:08 AM

Just got home, the dog's were really gun shy! The lady at Fish and Game in Mobridge was extremely helpful, was nearly ready to call the hunt out of frustration. A lot of driving around, and not much shooting, the rainy weather put a damper on the hunting as well. Shot mainly a .204 Ruger, and my father a .223 Rem. It can be done, but don't expect shooting like a guide put you on a private dogtown!

Where is Standing Rock? Very new to this area being from south Louisiana/central Texas.... thanks for any info.... I have always wanted to take a hunt for Prairiedogs......

Rick

#3 botay

botay

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

Northern South Dakota, west of the Missouri river. If you go self guided, on x app is a must for property owners, prairie dog over lay wasn't very accurate, but helped. http://gameandfish.standingrock.org/

• RickyI likes this

#4 RickyI

RickyI

Varminter

• 63 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 PM
  • Interests:Rimfires, hunting, jeeping and the Outdoors

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:13 AM

Northern South Dakota, west of the Missouri river. If you go self guided, on x app is a must for property owners, prairie dog over lay wasn't very accurate, but helped. http://gameandfish.standingrock.org/

Thank you!

Rick