• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 17VLD

17VLD

Varminter

• 11 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

Eric I should have saved the photo you posted on RFC but I didnt I did search here but cant find it either.
Would you put it up?Sorry for what I started over there.It was not my intention.
Matt

#2 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,023 posts
  • Local time: 01:12 AM

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Eric I should have saved the photo you posted on RFC but I didnt I did search here but cant find it either.
Would you put it up?Sorry for what I started over there.It was not my intention.
Matt

Don't know what happened but some of the fellas over there are...we'll just say - thin skinned.

• 17VLD likes this

Protector of the nuts.

#3 17VLD

17VLD

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

Eric put up a very cool picture of Mic with “The” one and only H-S 17WSM with a dead pd at 511 yards.
Was just admiring one of my coyote rifles,a model 700 20 Tactical improved with a H-S stock.I absolutely love the way it fits me and how well the palm swell feels on it.A 17 WSM by them would have been so sweet,I would not have been on the fence for long if they decided to produce one .
Matt

#4 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

No problem.  It went a bit sideways, but I always like lively discussion.  I really wish they would have made a run of them.  They would have sold them and probably would have made more.

XYZ863TR36.jpg

• Red and 17VLD like this

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#5 17VLD

17VLD

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:04 AM

Thank you Eric,great picture.You are right I would have bought one for sure.I have been on the fence for way too long,I finally bought a bunch of ammo from Natchez and found a good deal on the Ruger 7218 through Grab-A-Gun so I will be enjoying shooting a WSM soon good or bad I am in for the long haul.
Matt
  • Eric Mayer likes this

#6 Rudy

Rudy

Varminter

• 814 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:17 AM

I tried placing an order with HS back when they first announced chambering for 17wsm. I was told to wait a few months. When I contacted them again they had canceled the project. I was bummed. I was told the test rifle was shooting half inch groups at 100 yards. They would have been expensive but certainly well worth the money. 

Edited by Rudy, 14 March 2019 - 05:19 AM.

• Eric Mayer and 17VLD like this

#7 17VLD

17VLD

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:09 AM

An H-S in 17 WSM would have been so sweet.Perhaps in the future if some things change perhaps they could revisit the idea.
I would certainly be willing to pay for the quality.Maybe as time passes and more ammo becomes available it would be a viable option for them again.Perhaps if enough of us commit to a group buy.Just dreaming I guess.
Matt

#8 Rudy

Rudy

Varminter

• 814 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

An H-S in 17 WSM would have been so sweet.Perhaps in the future if some things change perhaps they could revisit the idea.
I would certainly be willing to pay for the quality.Maybe as time passes and more ammo becomes available it would be a viable option for them again.Perhaps if enough of us commit to a group buy.Just dreaming I guess.
Matt

If a group buy would convince them I'd be interested. I don't own an H-S but I've always wanted one.   

Maybe if everyone just keeps calling and asking they will recognize the demand and reconsider.

Does anyone know why they decided not to go forward with the 17wsm build?