5 replies to this topic

#1 JoelDixon199

JoelDixon199

Varminter

• 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 AM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

Hey all,

Looking to expand my arsenal of calls to something a little more quality, the "Cass Creek" Caller i have now, isn't real loud, the sounds are raspy and its just over all a cheap call. I was looking online and i can get the Lucky Duck Rebel for less than 200 bucks shipped to my door though Cabelas, it comes with a small decoy as well. Im currently in nursing school and money is tight, so i don't have the budget to go with the 300-400-600 dollar calls. Just wondering if anyone has used or has any experience with the Rebel and could offer any suggestions ??

Thanks guys

Joel Dixon

• JoelDixon199 likes this

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,655 posts
  • Local time: 06:53 AM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

I know a few guys that use the Lucky Duck calls and the sounds are excellent.  It's a good choice.

• dangerranger and JoelDixon199 like this

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#3 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• 437 posts
  • Local time: 06:53 AM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:57 AM

I guess I'm a skinflint! I bought an app for my iPhone, and used an existing Bluetooth, battery-powered speaker. The app was $10 as I recall, and the BT speaker I think I paid $12 for it at BigLots. The question remains, does it work?

Yes, but it certainly isn't a Fox of Lucky Duck, but when you only use one a couple of times a year, it is passible. So far, it called in two coyotes, and one fox. 

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,154 posts
  • Local time: 08:53 AM

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Welcome aboard Joel  :biggrincamo:  Could have sworn I made this post yesterday, but guess I forgot to hit the 'post' button. Look forward to hearing what you go with and any luck you may have in the field.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#5 JoelDixon199

JoelDixon199

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

Thanks Guys, 

Was doing some digging around online, reviews, videos and the such. Well, i have a rebel on the way now. ill let you all know how it sounds

Joel 

• MikeNC likes this

#6 Steve D

Steve D

Varminter

• 11 posts
  • Local time: 08:53 AM

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

Can't wait to hear what you think. I was seriously thinking about this one until I found out it weighs 7 LBS.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mlM6gH16SH4