5 replies to this topic

#1 JoelDixon199

JoelDixon199

Varminter

• 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 PM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

Hey all,

Looking to expand my arsenal of calls to something a little more quality, the "Cass Creek" Caller i have now, isn't real loud, the sounds are raspy and its just over all a cheap call. I was looking online and i can get the Lucky Duck Rebel for less than 200 bucks shipped to my door though Cabelas, it comes with a small decoy as well. Im currently in nursing school and money is tight, so i don't have the budget to go with the 300-400-600 dollar calls. Just wondering if anyone has used or has any experience with the Rebel and could offer any suggestions ??

Thanks guys

Joel Dixon

• JoelDixon199 likes this

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,679 posts
  • Local time: 07:20 PM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

I know a few guys that use the Lucky Duck calls and the sounds are excellent.  It's a good choice.

• dangerranger and JoelDixon199 like this

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#3 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• 531 posts
  • Local time: 07:20 PM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:57 AM

I guess I'm a skinflint! I bought an app for my iPhone, and used an existing Bluetooth, battery-powered speaker. The app was $10 as I recall, and the BT speaker I think I paid $12 for it at BigLots. The question remains, does it work?

Yes, but it certainly isn't a Fox of Lucky Duck, but when you only use one a couple of times a year, it is passible. So far, it called in two coyotes, and one fox. 

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,217 posts
  • Local time: 09:20 PM

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Welcome aboard Joel  :biggrincamo:  Could have sworn I made this post yesterday, but guess I forgot to hit the 'post' button. Look forward to hearing what you go with and any luck you may have in the field.

#5 JoelDixon199

JoelDixon199

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 PM

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

Thanks Guys, 

Was doing some digging around online, reviews, videos and the such. Well, i have a rebel on the way now. ill let you all know how it sounds

Joel 

• MikeNC likes this

#6 Steve D

Steve D

Varminter

• 12 posts
  • Local time: 09:20 PM

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

Can't wait to hear what you think. I was seriously thinking about this one until I found out it weighs 7 LBS.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mlM6gH16SH4