• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Capitol

Capitol

Varminter

• 82 posts
  • Local time: 03:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

This Fox was on my first stand of the night. I luv it when you get one in the bag on the first stand.

On this particular stand I do see the fox early on moving through the brush, but soon he just disappears. I think he went on the other side of the hill because thats the only way it could have hid from my thermal gear. The next thing I know as I'm looking across and higher up the hill the Fox is SITTING looking right at me. My first thought was it's a Bobcat, but no such luck.

I line up for the shot, shoot and the Fox is dead right there.

Im shooting Nosler Lead Free 50gr 223 hand loads this year. Im not running them hot and have noticed they are very hard on fur.

Scope is a Pulsar Trail XP50 thermal and critter was spotted with a Pulsar Helion XP38.

Edited by Capitol, 30 December 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 05:48 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:30 PM

Very nice, Capitol! I would venture that fox was too curious for its own good.  :biggrincamo:

#3 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• 436 posts
  • Local time: 04:48 AM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:36 AM

The last fox I shot lasted about 11 seconds, which is about how long it took you once you saw yours.