• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Capitol

Capitol

Varminter

• 82 posts
  • Local time: 10:40 AM

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:43 AM

Went out last night and we called in 6 Gray Fox and shot 4 of em. This video is from the double I called in and shot.

The first Fox is about 75 yards out and he would NOT come out of that brush. I could only see his head, so I took a head shot. At the end of the video there's two pictures. In the second picture look at the top Fox's face. It aint pretty.

Because I couldn't get a confirmed kill on the first Fox (I couldn't see it) I thought the second Fox might be the same one especially because it was very close to where I just shot. It wasn't and I just got a Gray Fox Double!

• Red likes this

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 12:40 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:03 AM

Very nice double, Capitol! And yeah on the one made ugly, LOL!

#3 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,087 posts
  • Local time: 12:40 PM

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

That's a thermal scope?

Protector of the nuts.

#4 Capitol

Capitol

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 10:40 AM

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

That's a thermal scope?

Yes, it's the Pulsar Trail XP50. The scope has onboard recording, but the video doesn't look all that great. The view through the scope itself looks much better.

It seems that video recording thermal has it's challenges because even the $9,000 Trijicon thermals have the same poor video out when using a independent mini dvr.

I still enjoy recording it and watching it later when I get home.