• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Capitol

Capitol

Varminter

• 82 posts
  • Local time: 03:48 PM

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

Im gonna go call in a Fox tomorrow, any one want to come with me :D. Only one string attached, you can't be afraid of the dark :ph34r: 

• Old Hickory likes this

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 05:48 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:33 AM

Im gonna go call in a Fox tomorrow, any one want to come with me :D. Only one string attached, you can't be afraid of the dark :ph34r:

How did it go, Capitol?

#3 Capitol

Capitol

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 03:48 PM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Well, Old Hickory it depends on your perspective. From my point of view it went good and as always could've went a bit better. Now from the point of view of this sneaky Fox not so good.

Im using a thermal monocular to scan and my shooter is to my right. The video is from the shooters scope.

This Fox came out of the brush three separate times. The first two times he stopped and turned around after walking half way down the berm. I let the shooter know what was happening, but he couldn't see this sneaky lil guy from his angle. On the third trip down memory lane my shooter saw him and took the shot through some brush not giving the Fox a chance to retreat once again.

The rifle is an AR15 using 50gr NBTLF bullets. These pills really like to blow up when you place a hit on flesh as seen in the video below.

https://youtu.be/7Kspkq0CH8I

• Old Hickory likes this

#4 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 05:48 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:22 AM

Nice going, one very dead gray!