• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Double Naught Spy

Double Naught Spy

Varminter

• 52 posts
  • Local time: 03:51 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Went hunting down in Bosque County, Texas with my buddy, Ben.  We had been doing hog control on the property and helping protect a field of oats since April.  The oats are now harvested and so we have a feeder set up to help concentrate some of the hogs until we get kicked out come deer season.  We managed to drop a couple hogs and then nothing for 3 hours and so we moved to the harvest field to look for more hogs, but we ended up with coyotes.  You can skip the first 2:10 of the video to get to the coyote portion.

With the first coyote, we had walked out into the open to peer back down a vegetated fence line to look where hogs often enter the field and was surprised by a coyote that came out in front of us.  I only had my spotting scope (my rifle back behind vegetation where we had been hidden), but Ben had his rifle.  As there was a bright moon and the coyote appeared to have spotted us, we just stood still and tried to lip squeak him to his doom.  He seemed interested, but circled around us and kept his distance.  Ben made a fine shot on the coyote at 220 yards.

A bit later, he spied another coyote and I got to be the shooter.  We lipsqueaked her to a safe location and dropped her with a shot at 160 yards.  The shot was a bit far back and she was finished with a second shot...

• Red, MikeNC, Old Hickory and 1 other like this

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

Very nice, DNS!

#3 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,125 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:03 AM

Great!

Protector of the nuts.

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,197 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 AM

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

Nice job..!

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#5 Double Naught Spy

Double Naught Spy

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

Thanks!  It is always nice to have along a competent shooting buddy as well.

• MikeNC likes this