AR-15 Debate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#76 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,108 posts
  • Local time: 10:19 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:54 AM

Yeah on that, Rudy.

I also don't trust the strength of a plastic gun and wouldn't push my luck against federal laws concerning said firearms. 

Also a concern if caught with one, what is the actual intention of owning one? Federal law officials will deep mine for reasons of the owner and said person will be a person of interest forever. 

#77 Red

Red

Sniper

• Topic Starter
  • 15,979 posts
  • Local time: 10:19 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

Now the Dems are spreading mass hysteria by claiming you can download plans to create a plastic AR-15 with a 3D printer. It would take someone with a lot more guts (or less brains) than me to pull the trigger on an AR-15 made completely out of plastic. And what's to keep someone from making a plastic gun on a CNC lathe?

Someone please correct me if I've missed out on this "stronger than steel" new plastic.

Agreed. Also this is not new. 3D printing gun plans have been available for a number of years. Yet no crimes we know of have been committed with one.

Protector of the nuts.