12 replies to this topic

#1 Chief

Chief

Varminter

• 68 posts
  • Local time: 02:20 AM
  • Interests:Predator Calling

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Sign up here for the Predator Hunt.  Hunt will start on Friday 13 Oct and end Sunday 15 Oct at 8PM.

All contestant MUST be signed up on this thread prior to 2400hours Thursday 12 Oct.   Detailed rules will be posted here later tonight or tomorrow.  

1.  MikeNC

2.  Aspencreek

Edited by Chief, 27 September 2017 - 10:28 AM.

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

#2 Chief

Chief

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

Forty Views Nobody signed up???? Hell the first place winner might be a round trip prize to Puerto Rico.  

This is a three day predator hunt starting Friday Oct 13th at legal shooting time in your area and ending Sunday Oct 15th.  All pictures and required information must be posted no later than than 8PM. Since not all areas allow night time hunting for predators it would be appreciated, out of respect for your fellow hunter, that no predators taken during the hours of darkness be entered. If you live in a communist controlled/progress/liberal/democrat state which does not allow such things as this to happen move out of state for these three days or do not enter this contest.  

1. All pictures to be posted on the day animals are taken and no later than 8PM. Any picture posted after 8PM will not count. 

2. Post must have the following indicated.

a. Rifle make & model and caliber or shotgun make & model, plus gauge.
b. E-Caller, make and model.
c. Hand call or diagram make and model. 
d. Distance animal was killed. 
e. Time lapse from calling to animals appearing. 

3. Slogan/sign/card will be posted after 8PM on the evening prior to the hunt, i.e. Fridays hunt sign will be posted Thursday evening after 8PM, Saturdays slogan/sign/card/ will be posted Friday evenings after 8PM, and got the idea? 

5. Participants must be a member of this site (Varminter.com).

6. There will be a different bonus animal for each day of the hunt.   

7. In case of a tie - I'll determine the tie breaker, it may well be who ever gets their pictures in first.  

8. Rules will be strictly enforced, no exceptions. 

All comments/recommendation will be considered until the morning of the day of the hunt.  I am not thin skinned so don't be hesitant.  

#3 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,197 posts
  • Local time: 05:20 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

If you live in a communist controlled/progress/liberal/democrat state which does not allow such things as this to happen move out of state for these three days or do not enter this contest.  

:lol:  :lol:  I'll break the ice...I'm in. I hear there's lots of opportunities in Puerto Rico.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#4 Chief

Chief

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

"I hear there's lots of opportunities in Puerto Rico."  You don't know how close to the truth  you are.  I was stationed in PR in the early 60's, PanAm AirLines used it as a stop over for it stu's as the gal's were called in those days, seemed liked a party every weekend.  Also we hunted Iguana's with air guns and the locals paid us for them.  Our barracks was El Morro castle and the 19th Hole was right outside the main gate, beer was five cents and a mixed drink was a dime.  McNamara was Sec of Def and decided it was time to close some of the bases and fort Buckner was one of them, I hated him ever since!!!  I went from there to VietNam from Heaven to Hell.  

#5 dangerranger

dangerranger

Varminter

• 565 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy building guns as much as shooting them.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

PR is a wreck right now! I just got a job offer to spend a couple months there repairing their Water and Power systems. If I were 20 years younger I'd have been on the next flight! DR

#6 Aspencreek

Aspencreek

Varminter

• 166 posts
  • Local time: 03:20 AM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

I might be up to give the contest a try.  Although most likely I'd only be able to get out for 1 day of it.

#7 Wino

Wino

Varminter

• 152 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hunting and photography.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Wish I could but I live in Commifornia and I have all kinds of family stuff that weekend. 

#8 Chief

Chief

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

Aspen - Yes or No ?

DR Yeah I know that is why I might send someone there.  Would also send them with work boots, gloves and carharts. 

• dangerranger likes this

#9 Aspencreek

Aspencreek

Varminter

• 166 posts
  • Local time: 03:20 AM

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

Put me down for yes.

#10 Chief

Chief

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Two people competing for a one way ticket to Puerto Rico.  Contest called off due to lack of interest.  If the two contestants,hunters, will send be a PM with their name and address I'll send them a consolation prize.   

• MikeNC likes this

#11 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,197 posts
  • Local time: 05:20 AM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

No need for that Chief... That's kind of like a particpation trophy  :lol:  :lol:  You did good and your intent was even better..!! Maybe another time frame will work out better for folks. Thanks for taking the time & putting it all together..!

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#12 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,854 posts
  • Local time: 07:20 AM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

October in Ohio has too many leaves & still too much ground cover to try coyote calling yet. It's a futile effort unless your intent is to educate them. Besides,, I've just had too much shtuff to do to get out for anything other than yard work. Lately my own outdoor activity. lol

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#13 Hornet

Hornet

Varminter

• 102 posts
  • Local time: 10:20 AM

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

Well...guess I missed that one