Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

Liked minded

Sean

#17 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,125 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 PM
  • Interests:The Environment, Shooting ferals whom destroy Australia's fragile ecosystem, , Bush walking and fishing.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Did raise a Coyote pup that at one time jumped on the sink and ate a whole ham on Thanksgiving day. My Mom's response was great and left us laughing for hours. Still had the Turkey. We had an Airedale that hooked up with the coyote and had pups. Kept one pup and he was a great pet and he was a food thief also. 

Sean

Wife and I raised a female coyote and had her for 8 years. She had her own outdoor pen but twice, neighbor dogs got over the fence and bred her. 

She was a great pet. The biggest problem we had with her was anything leather near her quickly got chewed to bits. 

Most of her life she lived in our house.

Can't see why you can't have a coyote as a
Dog, Native Americans did. In my neck of the world, your allowed to have a dingo as a pet, but you have to bond with them 3 weeks post birth, then take possession at 12 weeks to be legal in my state of Victoria Australia.
  • Old Hickory likes this
When it come to varminting, their is nothing more challenging than reaching out and touching a Rabbit from afarAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
The Breakers last words before his unlawfull execution on Kitcheners kangaroo court orders. "Shoot straight you bastards" It's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind" - Lt. Harry Harbord 'Breaker' Morant on being asked what a pagan is By Lt Hancock before their Execution-
Metric/Imperial convertor SMARTLINK

#18 Chief

Chief

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 01:42 AM
  • Interests:Predator Calling

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hey AZZA I spent some time with the guys at Campbell barracks.  Are you familiar with them and what they do?   

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

#19 lunarlithic

lunarlithic

Varminter

• 1,558 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

CA doesn't allow us to keep "wild animals" as pets. They would rather confiscate and destroy for the good of the animal and society

Sean

#20 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 02:42 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:49 PM

CA doesn't allow us to keep "wild animals" as pets. They would rather confiscate and destroy for the good of the animal and society

Sean

I would expect that of California. We have had a lot of other wild animal pets without problems here in Iowa and Illinois.

#21 Capitol

Capitol

Varminter

• 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

This is an old topic I know, but the subject "Call them in Close" still applies, right?!

This was years ago and I remember it was a very hot evening in Nevada. Mosquitoes were buzzing my ears as I was sitting in tall grass just praying a snake doesn't show up before a Coyote does.

The video is crude. It's just a digital camera that also did video attached to my scope.

Now to my point. This one is literally in my lap and dies about 10 yards away.

https://youtu.be/MZgjOPJj88I

• Red likes this

#22 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 02:42 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:50 AM

:biggrincamo: I would call that close and I enjoyed the video, Capitol. Yeah, I have had them close enough to touch, as well as one that would have piled up on my lap had I not rolled to the side. I think my greatest advantage was the wind. 

#23 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,197 posts
  • Local time: 04:42 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

This is an old topic I know, but the subject "Call them in Close" still applies, right?! Now to my point. This one is literally in my lap and dies about 10 yards away.

https://youtu.be/MZgjOPJj88I

:lol:  :lol:  Haha Capitol. Funny how topics change and maneuver around to something else, but that is part of the fun of an open forum. But your original on topic video and comments are awesome..!!

• Old Hickory likes this
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#24 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,854 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 AM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:42 AM

My best on coyotes has been about 20 feet. Or 6 2/3yds.

Ive shot 2 turkeys within 15yds as well. I like those up close & personal shots. :wub: :wub:

• Old Hickory likes this

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#25 lunarlithic

lunarlithic

Varminter

• 1,558 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Shot an Elk in New Mexico at 15 feet. Both of us were very surprised and my friend/guide couldn't stop laughing. No calling was done, just right place, right time and a super grade mdl 70 in 264 win mag.

Sean

• Old Hickory likes this

#26 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,125 posts
  • Local time: 03:42 AM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:13 AM

I might hold the record. I shot a whitetail buck with my bow that was unbelievably close. I was standing on one side of a tree, he was passing by on the other side. The arrow was barely off the string when it hit him. So like 5 feet max.

• Old Hickory likes this

Protector of the nuts.

#27 Wino

Wino

Varminter

• 152 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hunting and photography.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

I might hold the record. I shot a whitetail buck with my bow that was unbelievably close. I was standing on one side of a tree, he was passing by on the other side. The arrow was barely off the string when it hit him. So like 5 feet max.

My first bow buck as the same way. 

• Red likes this

#28 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,125 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 PM
  • Interests:The Environment, Shooting ferals whom destroy Australia's fragile ecosystem, , Bush walking and fishing.

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:50 AM

Closest for me was Red Fox,3 yards with a a maglite taped to a bolt action shot gun.
The Fox was young and dumb,I was 18 at the time and I did post the pic all those years ago when I had to scan the photo then post it. Oh how Tech has changed since then.
When it come to varminting, their is nothing more challenging than reaching out and touching a Rabbit from afarAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
The Breakers last words before his unlawfull execution on Kitcheners kangaroo court orders. "Shoot straight you bastards" It's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind" - Lt. Harry Harbord 'Breaker' Morant on being asked what a pagan is By Lt Hancock before their Execution-
Metric/Imperial convertor SMARTLINK