• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#406 Old Hickory 45

Old Hickory 45

Varminter

• 71 posts
  • Local time: 03:36 AM

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

Don't forget to turn them clocks back tonight. For those duty peeps on third shift and get caught up in that extra hour, I feel your pain.

attachicon.gifclock1.jpg

Yeah, they will be whining when I show up for work, LOL! 

#407 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,832 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:21 AM

Ohio wants to change the clocks next Spring then never change them again. I hope it passes!!

• MikeNC and Old Hickory 45 like this

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#408 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• 443 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 AM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:29 AM

We've been trying to get DST abolished here in New Mexico. The left-wingers have managed to defeat it. 

As a side light.... I have never understood how or why DST saved money. The original idea was to help farmers with the war effort. I guess tractors didn't have head lights back then? Maybe it is a leftist thing?

• Old Hickory 45 likes this

#409 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,832 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:44 AM

As I understand it here in Eastern Ohio,, it was so the automotive industry & other large factories didnt need to burn as much coal for factory lighting.

Either way a farce is a farce. Winter months allow 8- 9hrs of daylight regardless of when the gubment wants it to be 7am.

Only the gubment can change the clocks and believe they "gained" an hour of daylight.

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#410 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 352 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:13 PM

First off, DST had NOTHING to do with saving daylight in the winter.  DST is over the summer.   So how was it supposed to help anything???

#411 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,156 posts
  • Local time: 04:36 AM

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:17 PM

First off, DST had NOTHING to do with saving daylight in the winter.  DST is over the summer.   So how was it supposed to help anything???

I don't know the answer to that, but i guess I'll play the odd man out as I always liked the summer daylight. I vote they move the clocks ahead two hours   :lol:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#412 Old Hickory 45

Old Hickory 45

Varminter

• 71 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:10 AM

I don't know the answer to that, but i guess I'll play the odd man out as I always liked the summer daylight. I vote they move the clocks ahead two hours   :lol:

:laughcamo:  Good one, mongo!