• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• 702 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

Woke up from a sound sleep at just after 1:00AM by a strange noise last night. Thought may have been a stray dog out side so laid in bed for a few minutes to see if I heard the noise again. The dogs were going crazy barking in their pens so decided I had better get up and go get them inside and lock the out side access door. When I walked out to the living room and the door to the pole barn there was Kare putting her boots on to go lock the pups inside. She had also heard the noise but had a different take on it than I did and her take made more sense than mine.

She thought in may have been a coyote that got in the electric fence I have around her flower gardens to keep the deer out. Makes sense to me as our dogs have gotten in the fence before and made some ungodly noises.

So I guess this old fellow is going to be going out with the caller and decoys just to make sure no coyotes are in the area. think I will invite Eric for a early breakfast and coyote shoot.

:D  Al

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 02:08 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

That coyote's lifespan is very limited!

#3 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 702 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

If it is a coyote your right. That is just plain to close to the house for me.

:D  Al

• Old Hickory likes this

#4 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 02:08 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

Yeah on that, Al! I recently saw a big bobcat in my yard close to the house. That cat  is living on borrowed time if I see him here again.

#5 dangerranger

dangerranger

Varminter

• 565 posts
  • Local time: 01:08 AM
  • Interests:I enjoy building guns as much as shooting them.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

I have called in a few barnyards. How are you going to keep your own dogs from raising such a fuss that no self respecting coyote would come near? or does that fuss help bring them in? Just curious, I have had some really exiting hunts where other peoples dogs get involved. DR

• Old Hickory likes this