• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• 689 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:19 AM

Our 1985 Buick LaSaber limited collectors edition with 83,279 miles on it. 

IMG_0563.jpg

A Buick Grand National.

Grand_National.jpg

A 64 Dodge drag/street car.

dodge_drag_racer.jpg

A friends 55 Chevy 509 street rod/drag car.

Bills_509_street_rod_drag_racer.jpg

56 Ford, older cousin had a two tone green one in 1959. One a country gravel road a old guy felt the stop sign was only a suggestion and broad sided it so it was half as wide and had a bow in the middle.

Ford_56.jpg

A Dodge Dart hot rod.

Dart.jpg

A nice Fairlane.

Ford_Fairlane.jpg

64 Ford, My brother owned the Mercury version of this car in 1967 till 1972 when he bought a Ford Bronco.

64_ford.jpg

63 1/2 Ford, I was 17 when this Ford was released and took NASCAR by storm and I wanted one so bad then. Best I could do is a 3 year old 65 Ford in 1968.

63_Ford.jpg

57 bird. I have always loved the 55 thru 57 birds but if I put my money down on one it would be a 55 or 56. Kare and I were offered one in 1986 but I declined as it was just to far gone for my liking.

57_T_bird.jpg

:D  Al

#2 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

An early compact car, really compact too. Used to be one running around town with a tricked out Chevy engine with a blower and rear tires so wide it nearly covered the whole rear.

early_compact.jpg

Pontiac or Olds I am not sure. possible a Chevy Will check it closer at the next show Monday.

Tricked_out_chevy.jpg

A very nice Bel Air 52

54_Belair.jpg

A great looking Buick. I drove several 63's and 64's when I was a car potter in 1964.

Buick_Riv.jpg

Edited by alleyyooper, 13 July 2017 - 04:36 AM.

#3 Alan

Alan

Varminter

• 130 posts
  • Local time: 08:27 PM
  • Interests:Set the example... Don't be one

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

The 56 Ford has two items shown that you couldn't buy in 1956. Can you spot them?

The Belair is a 53, not a 52!

By the way, 1952 was the first year for the Belair, and there were several things unique to that Chevy model at the time. Can you name them?

Answers?

The wire wheels shown on the 56 Ford, weren't available that year. There were similar ones, but not those!

The 1952 Belair was a hardtop, two door, with a 235 ci pressure lubed engine with a PowerGlide transmission like no other. It was essentially a Buick Dynaflow, with a few modifications. 

#4 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

I am sure every one of the cars pictured didn't roll off the factory line like they looked at the cruse night show.
As for the 56 ford I am sure the wheels are stock and the HUB caps are aftermarket and the owner liked them. Same with the fender skirts and the chrome running from behind the front tires to in front of the rear wheels on the rocker panels. In fact I don't believe any cars pictured except for the Riv has factory stock wheels.
 Bet every one has been repainted and with a urethane paint also not factory. That is the paint that is going on our Buick in Sept or possible earlier if the painter gets ahead.

As for the 52 belair that is what his sign said so if I see the car again and the owner I will talk to him to see why he has it as a 52.
Could be a early release like a tractor my dad bought in 1954 new. It was a early release model to test some new things on the model.

:D Al

Edited by alleyyooper, 14 July 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#5 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,574 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:23 AM

Thanks for sharing, Al! Those are some great looking cars, some of what we drove back in the day.

#6 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:52 AM

We went to cruise night in a different town last night. Two city blocks and down the two side streets that divided the two blocks and some like us were sent to the city lot behind the stores and some sent to a funeral home parking lot. A lot of different cars there also some rarely seen at these cruise night shows like a Deloren, a Hudson, a older dodge station wagon and more. 

Got to talk to the Chevy Bel Air guy, Car came from Alabama when he drove it up here to get a job in a auto factory in 1955. Took it back to Alabama for a family visit and returned back to Michigan and parked it in the barn when he bought a new 57 Buick. The present owner seen it in the barn and inquired about the purchase of it 12 years ago. The copper paint he said is a close match to what the car was original but was really the same color as some 03 MFG car which he couldn't remember at the time. The off white roof and other off white is original color matched. Some chrome was peeling so that was rechromed some just required polishing. He and his brother sanded the car brother shot the paint and they both rubbed it out with polish by hand. Took then from late summer and all winter and part of the spring to get it all done. Yes it got new carpet and seat covers sown up and hog ringed in place too.

The 52 tag was a joke by a friend to see if people would tell him he was full of crap it was really a 53. So that is the story of the posted 52 Bel Air.

• Old Hickory likes this

#7 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

AMX by AMC

AMX_by_AMC.jpg

Buick Grand Sport by GM

Buick_grand_spoirt.jpg

Challenger by Chrysler.  Sent to the city lot along with us.

Challanger.jpg 

Nearly finished Chevy pick up.

Chevy_pick_up.jpg

Chevy rug rat grocery getter.

Chevy_wagon56.jpg

Clean GTO Pontiac/GM, in the city lot

Clean_GTO.jpg

Mercury Cougar A over weight plushier Mustang. 

Coger.jpg

Mercury Comet A/FX car  city lot car

Comet.jpg

Mercury Cyclone City lot car.

cyclone.jpg

:D   Al

Edited by alleyyooper, 16 July 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#8 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

Olds Cutlass a work in progress city lot car.

Cutlass.jpg

Early Dodge

Dodge.jpg

Dodge rug rat grocery getter in original color

Dodge_wagon.jpg

Early Plymouth rag top

Early_Plymouth.jpg

#9 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:07 AM

Early Ford V8 pick up

Early_V8_ford_pu.jpg

Hudson Had an uncle that would buy nothing except a Hudson till they went out of business.

Hudson.jpg

Old's with A&W window tray. I loved A&W in my early years of girl chasing. Funny stopped chasseing girls about the same time the local A went out of business.

Olds.jpg

Pontiac.  My dad started working for Fisher body in Pontiac Michigan shortly after WWII. He may have worked on this one and the next.

Pontiac.jpg

Pontiac

Pontiac_2.jpg

Pontiac This one was assembled in Van Nuys plant in California along with the Chevy Nova. So no way dad worked on it.

It isn't a daily driver either.

Pontiac_3.jpg

The twin turbo engine.

Twin_turbo_Pontiac.jpg

A quick Ford street rod

Street_rod.jpg

• Old Hickory likes this

#10 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,574 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:18 AM

Those certainly are beautiful cars, Al! 

#11 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

Ours will be all shiny next summer. Enjoy talking to the people who put in all the work to bring the cars back. Some just bought a finished car some one else did.

#12 lunarlithic

lunarlithic

Varminter

• 1,286 posts
  • Local time: 07:27 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

Love the AMX 

Sean

#13 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter