• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• 702 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 AM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

Photobucket has been a good 3d party host to pictures posted to forums. Well not any longer they want you to pay $500.00 a year for that prlivage now.

Aug%2016%202015_3184_zpsxoqcbg9n.jpg

This is what you get from there now.

I switched to postimge.org for the pictures I want to post. I also like shutterfly but not all forums will except them, this being one of them.

:D  Al

Edited by alleyyooper, 08 July 2017 - 04:03 AM.

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,680 posts
  • Local time: 12:40 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:29 AM

Wow! $500! Good on abandoning them, Al!!

#3 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

postimage.org  seems to be a good photo storage site and for hosting 3d party pictures. I need to lean more on how it work better.

64 Ford rug rat grocery hauler at last Mondays cruise.

64_Ford_wagon.jpg

• Old Hickory and davidbradford like this

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 2,672 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

I just tried my PB and so far it worked fine...haven't checked my email for a nasty $$ gram yet 

001-4_zps404db91a.jpg

Edited by MikeNC, 10 July 2017 - 01:15 PM.

• Old Hickory likes this

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again

No, no..! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

#5 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 2,672 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

Well....I got my $$ nastygram. That's crazy. I will still try to copy a picture from my free account, which I have always liked, and then resize and try to post it that way. No way on $500 smackers  :screamcamo: 

Don't get fooled again

#6 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 2,672 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Well..Let's see how this looks

glock_02.JPG

Don't get fooled again

#7 jpx2rk

jpx2rk

Varminter

• 159 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, target shooting, wanna be hunter of ground hogs & squirrels, master piddler.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

The PB picture is still up for me, and unfortunately, looks better than the smaller one, but only due to the size of the pic.  I know clicking on the smaller picture will enlarge, but I'm being lazy today.  LOL  Nice gun.  

#8 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 2,672 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Yes, they left the picture stay, but froze that portion of my free account I have had for years. I forsee an upcoming problem for PB users. there used to be another free sight called Photopoint, I think that's the correct name. They started charging and gave you so many days to pay up or you lost your pictures. I had lots of pictures I would have liked to have kept, but lost all of them. I have another bundle of pictures on PB I want to keep, but who knows what their next move will be? I agree that the PB large picture looks way nicer. I might check out Al's picture site or others that will be available.

Don't get fooled again

#9 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,533 posts
  • Local time: 11:40 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

Imgur.com is a good one to use and easy to upload and link.

We've always offered photo uploading for here on the forums.  It didn't make sense for everyone to jump through the hoops of hosting them elsewhere.

My recommendation is to get any pictures you have off PhotoBucket as soon as possible.

Eric  B)

• MikeNC likes this

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#10 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Well if you just stay on one forum then yes by all means just up load any pictures you have sized right right to this site.

But I belong to two antique tractor forum's, about four shooting hunting forums three varmint hunting forums, two bee keeping forums and a general over all about living forum that does from growing a garden to fixing a tractor or building a barn. 

Some sites are real picky about the size of pictures they will host but will except pictures from a host.

So that is why I got into Sony's Imagestation first which stopped doing that and told you to switch your whole pack to shutterfly in one easy change over. Problem arose when sites like this one will not host shutterfly pictures, photobucket was real popular back in the day.  

Maybe the day will come when we can post a picture straight from our computers no matter the size and it will automatically size it to the forum. So many of us old guys have a problem learning all the stuff to do with a computer which includes sizing pictures. I have all I can do with spelling and never get the punctuation right.

:D   Al

#11 Rudy

Rudy

Varminter

• 657 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

If you want to resize the images, Microsoft Paint has a resize option and it should be available on every computer running Microsoft Windows.

I've learned that about 20-30% works for the pictures taken with my iPhone.

Right click on the image file

Select "Open With -> Paint"

In Paint select "Resize"

Type in the percentage and press OK

Save As a new file name and look at the file size in Windows Explorer

Repeat if necessary.

It takes some trial and error, but I can usually get them close in about three attempts.

I've been doing it this way because I don't trust all those "Free" offers from various vendors out on the internet. They make a profit somehow. Sometimes all they are after is an email address so they can send a bunch of spam.

#12 Red

Red

Sniper

• 15,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

postimage.org  seems to be a good photo storage site and for hosting 3d party pictures. I need to lean more on how it work better.

64 Ford rug rat grocery hauler at last Mondays cruise.

64_Ford_wagon.jpg

looking at the car in the foreground, and the car in the background, I'm wondering why this one? :huh:

I stopped using photobucket years ago. It was good once but they changed their format, I couldn't adapt. Maybe I should look at it again.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution

#13 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

I like the one that is different. You can usually see 4 or 5 Vettes of the foreground. there always a bunch of street rods at almost every show.  

:D   Al

#14 Red

Red

Sniper

• 15,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

LOL

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution

#15 alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

How about a really nice 1951 Buick with dyno flow.

51_Buick.jpg