Photo

FS... Webley Patriot .22 Caliber with BKL 260 Mount...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 2,803 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 PM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

I purchased my Webley Patriot from Straight Shooters in January, 2016. My model is the Turkish made gun, not the model that was previously produced in England. Not long after purchase I had a fall from my roof tearing my rotator cuff muscles which has become an issue. The cocking effort is around 50 pounds and the weight of the rifle is nine pounds without a scope. It also has a nice set of fully adjustable sights. One quick stroke creates it's own power plant, and it's a potent one at that. My shoulders however are not going to allow it for a long time as I have another surgery scheduled mid summer. 

When I talked with the guys at Straight Shooters I asked them to pick me out a pretty one and they sure delivered. And it shoots as nice as it looks. The 22 caliber has a very useable trajectory in hunting. I have shot crows off tree tops at 50 yards and some pellets penetrated completely through. I will use that as defining this rifle hits hard. Rifle specs rates the Patriot at around 30 foot pounds.

The Patriot has the quattro trigger which adjusts easily with the turn of a screw. I find the trigger very nice. I set the trigger at it's lightest setting and per the instructions rather than leaving the screw slightly in, I removed it completely as it states to do so to not have the screw fall out eventually from recoil. The picture shows the screw along with the allen wrench and another allen wrench which is used for the BKL mount.

The BKL 260 mount is widely used on magnum springers. It has a built in tensioning system and is rock solid. The guys at Straight Shooters highly recommended it. Your scope will not budge from magnum springer recoil. This BKL model was priced at around $60 dollars.

You can purchase a brand new Webley Patriot & BKL 260 mount from Pyramid Air at around $400 dollars. I will sell this one and the BKL 260 mounts for $300 dollars and I will pick up the entire cost of shipping.  You can expect a worry free transaction from start to finish. If you would like to talk directly with me I will supply my land line telephone number. Just say so in your email to me at ncmacks@aol.com

Payment by postal money order or personal check. I will ship immediately upon receipt of your postal money order and will have your rifle pre packaged so it is ready to actually ship quickly.  If your looking for a powerful magnum springer, here it is. There will be no disappointments..!

005_2.jpg

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

• Red likes this

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again

No, no..! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

#2 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,807 posts
  • Local time: 11:06 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

Am very sorry about your fall and injury, Mike! :shockedcamo:  :sadcamo:  Congratulations on your very nice gun score.

Do you ever have good luck without some bad luck?

#3 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

Thanks Hickory. I was cleaning the second story gutter and was reaching out as far as I could each time so as to move the ladder the least amount of times I could get away with. Reached too far and the ladder started sliding and I could not correct it. Buckled up and took the ride  :lol:

• Old Hickory likes this

Don't get fooled again

#4 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,807 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

Had some ladder rides myself but was luckier than you, Mike. :shockedcamo: 

• MikeNC likes this

#5 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

I was real lucky on this one OH as I did not break anything. I pushed away from the ladder as the ground came up and did one of the best PLF's I ever done  :lol: But I jammed by arms and hands that had one of the causes of tearing my rotator cuffs. Could have been much worse. We have a steep roof and once I was up there sweeping pine straw out of the upper eaves. The roof was slick and with the pitch I took a butt ride down the shingles. There was no stopping. Luckily I was heading for the ladder and got hung up in the gutter hanging half way out from the house clutching on to the ladder.

Don't get fooled again

#6 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,807 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

:shockedcamo: Wow! That was a scary ride, Mike!

#7 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:47 AM

It was Hickory. It made me decide to stay off that roof as much as possible, but we have pine trees all around. With a little duct tape, extension poles and a miniature garden rake to pull the pine straw out of the eaves. 

013-4.jpg

Don't get fooled again

#8 Red

Red

Sniper

• 15,554 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Oh man I didn't realize all this. I had sorta forgotten about the shoulder, I guess I figured it was no longer causing big problems. That's a really nice looking rifle.

BUT- that rake thing looks like something some redneck would make. :lol: 

I've got a 7-12 pitch, yours looks even steeper, and a couple years ago decided I would no longer clean gutters while on the roof. Too scary. I do it off the ladder and just try to be careful. And I only have one story. A two story fall is a long way.

• MikeNC likes this

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution

#9 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

BUT- that rake thing looks like something some redneck would make. :lol:

There's a simple answer for that observation Red...  :lol:   B)

Don't get fooled again

#10 Red

Red

Sniper

• 15,554 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

:lol:  That's a knee slapper

• MikeNC likes this

#11 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

Not to get off topic here  :lol:  :lol: But if someone would like this rifle without the BKL mount, I can go $250 shipped. It does have the fixed sights and many might already have quality magnum air gun mounts & not need these. Now let's get back to roof rides & such :biggrincamo:  

Don't get fooled again

#12 Red

Red

Sniper

• 15,554 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Man that's tempting. It's a nice rifle. If'n I didn't already have one...

#13 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:19 AM

Gun and mount sold.  :biggrincamo:

Don't get fooled again

#14 Red

Red

Sniper

• 15,554 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

good deal then.

Lets see that's about 15-18 boxes of 17WSM or maybe a legitimate roof cleaning tool.

#15 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: