I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution

#2 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 239 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 PM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Read someplace where it was taken off the table for the time being.   Also read where suppressors may be declassified from a class 3 to the same classification as a regular firearm.

#3 Red

Red

Sniper

• Topic Starter
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

It looks now like the senate won't take it up until fall. IL politicians sure know how to slow walk.

• Old Hickory likes this

#4 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,720 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:29 AM

It looks now like the senate won't take it up until fall. IL politicians sure know how to slow walk.

They certainly do, Red. I used to live and work in Illinois and am glad I was able to move.

Like the CCW Illinois law, I was convinced the state would make it hard and expensive to obtain one and I was correct. They will do the same if and when the new Bill passes.

#5 Red

Red

Sniper

• Topic Starter
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

I'm sure you're right. IL was dragged kicking and screaming into CC. If a federal CCW happens then maybe we can finally get some justice here.

Actually, they had support from both democrats and republicans for the suppressors. That doesn't mean they won't make it difficult and expensive to obtain if it eventually passes though.

I'm already dreaming of two. One for a silent squirrel getter with subsonics, I have a 77/22 short threaded barrel. And the other on a short barreled AR, again already threaded. I'm ready when they are.

• Old Hickory likes this

#6 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 2,720 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only.

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:29 AM

Good thinking, Red. I have several rifles I plan on adding cans to.

#7 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,109 posts
  • Local time: 05:39 AM
  • Interests:The Environment, Shooting ferals whom destroy Australia's fragile ecosystem, , Bush walking and fishing.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

Read someplace where it was taken off the table for the time being.   Also read where suppressors may be declassified from a class 3 to the same classification as a regular firearm.

Look up the laws in New Zealand and Britain, they list suppressor's as a form of PPE(Personal Protection Equipment).In Britain they are PPE under Occupational Health & Safety legislation and treated like a firearm equivalent of a rimfire Rifle(it means the same permit can be used to purchase a rimfire Rifle or suppressor.) Now I suggest a letter featuring a cut and past of these bits of legislation in a carefully worded letter sent to those who can affect bringing those laws to fruition, may hurry em along.😀
When it come to varminting, their is nothing more challenging than reaching out and touching a Rabbit from afarAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
The Breakers last words before his unlawfull execution on Kitcheners kangaroo court orders. "Shoot straight you bastards" It's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind" - Lt. Harry Harbord 'Breaker' Morant on being asked what a pagan is By Lt Hancock before their Execution-
Metric/Imperial convertor SMARTLINK