28 replies to this topic

#16 gunman5646

gunman5646

Varminter

• 4 posts
  • Local time: 10:19 PM
  • Interests:hunting, fishing,reloading, competitive shooting

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:53 AM

The State of California is doing everything it can to end hunting state wide. It is also doing everything it can to disarm the populace. I'm a 3rd generation resident and i'm looking at Utah. No more blue states for me!

#17 Rudy

Rudy

Varminter

• 835 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 AM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:06 PM

I saw they passed a new law where background checks are required for ammo purchases.

Don't they understand that criminals can just get their friends to buy ammo for them???

• davidbradford likes this

#18 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

Yeah on that, Rudy. Or they just steal the guns and ammo.

#19 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:06 AM

They don't want to understand, and they don't care!   They want what they want and that's all there is to it.   Besides, the criminals are a major part of the democrat's voting base.  That's why they campaign in the prisons and jails.

• Old Hickory likes this

#20 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Back on the game warden talk--- The _rick that stole my camera is a fence jumper too but he uses his badge for access,,,, The wardens property is surrounded by the landowner that I have written permission to hunt on. His residence sits on a hill in the oak trees. The rancher was working on his fence at the base of the hill and his old blind dog made his way up the hill onto the wardens property without notice by the rancher. The rancher hears the report of a rifle and his dog comes running down the hill to him and dies under the truck. He goes up the hill to find out what and why his dog was shot for. The warden new the dog and he was not a threat. The warden was caught by surprise and didn't have a good answer. The rancher called his commander and wanted to file a complaint. The commander told him that the warden was within his rights and swept it under the rug without making him aware that he had a legal right to file a complaint to the F&G and have it investigated. This was not proper protocol!!! His commander retired and when I was made his next victim I ended up talking to the new commander and he made me aware of this legal right to file a complaint which I did. He said he spoke with thw warden about shooting the dog and he wasn't pleased at all. The rancher had a 5 year period from the incident with the warden to file and I got the paperwork for him to file. This was supposed to be strictly between myself and the commander. Well the commander told the warden that his ass was on the chopping block if the rancher went forward with the complaint about his dog being shot. So the warden got his father to call the rancher. His father never calls the rancher and they don't get along.So when the rancher saw the caller ID he didn't respond. It was obvious that the internal investigation was corrupt right there. He wanted his father to attempt to soften up the situation. So I had my turn when 2 officers with the dept' met me for a recorded interview about the trail camera.Anytime I asked a question I got no answer but they wanted me to tell them all I knew and how I found out he stole my camera!! BS..I set up a camera above the gate that runs up the ridge to the ranch to monitor who was coming and going. The warden went in with his father riding shotgun which is a violation of F&G. No ride a longs allowed!! The bed of the truck was empty,,,about an hour later he comes out with a 4x2 buck in the bed. He had gained access through the gate with the first property owner by saying he would patrol it!!Mind you no mention of"Hunt It"  He grew up in this mountain community of 25 people and this was his wandering grounds through childhood. He had been sneaking around and poaching this land for years and simply just couldn't give it up. Well his boss wanted those pictures but I just told him to go to the warden and see if his tag was on a 4x2 and also look to see area of kill and that would be enough proof!!! He wanted the foto and I told him NO!!! How else would I know what and where he shot that buck even time of day etc.???? Internal investigations just lead to cover ups!! I have a lot more corrupt stories that are factual on this warden and others. Wardens do have a job to do but this is the Wrong guy for the job.

Edited by poacherjoe, 12 November 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#21 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,857 posts
  • Local time: 04:19 AM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

So print the pics out & give them to him. You still have the original.

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#22 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Glen: They wouldn't work with me and give me any clear answers as to his actions so why should I work with them? They won't do anything to him anyhow and this is a dead horse! The issue was 6 or 7 years ago and I got my camera back. This is just me bringing the original post back up for you to see. Note this is by memory and I might have reworded or missed something from the original post.

#23 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:24 AM

You did the right thing, pj! Getting stonewalled by the very people that should make it right is more than maddening.

Watch your back concerning dealing with those corrupt people.

• poacherjoe likes this

#24 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 380 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

Anytime you deal with a government entity,expect it to be maddening and frustration

#25 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

This story came from the landowner himself. Prior to shooting the ranchers dog the rancher was out on horseback with his daughter and it was starting to get dark so they were headed  back to barn  and traveling through a tar weed flat in the oaks and the horses got spooked by a dark shape crouched  ahead on the trail. The daughter asked what it was and the rancher said lets rush it with the horses. Then the  shape stood up and said please don't do that. It was the low life warden trespassing as he always has !! The rancher talked with him and it wasn't a big deal to this very nice rancher so he gave him permission to hunt . This place has some really BIG bucks and I was lucky to meet this man. After all this the stupid warden shot the dog and that was the end of his legal hunting rights on this land. After he stole my camera I did some research on him and I don't think he has any friends. Anytime his name is mentioned by fellow hunters they have nothing good to say. All the neighbors that live around him don't care for him either. He is the perfect match for officer Percy on the green mile!!

#26 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,857 posts
  • Local time: 04:19 AM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

Ok. Just asking.

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#27 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,140 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

warden or not, if'n he'd shot my dog for no reason there'd be retaliation. You know, under the cover of darkness  :ph34r:

• poacherjoe likes this

Protector of the nuts.

#28 poacherjoe

poacherjoe

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

If I had known about the civil complaint form sooner the warden would have been fired. The rancher wanted his -ss when the dog was shot  but time heals old wounds and he didn't want to mess with the complaint . It kept the warden sleepless for a while.  Everythings cool Red !! 

#29 mongochicago

mongochicago

Varminter

• 380 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

He's bound to screw up again....   A leopard can't change his spots.