Been busy this Summer.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

I bet is was fun but not easy to best those lawyers, AZZA! I am still a state licensed private investigator. I have spent my share of time in court and know how tricky lawyers can be. My last court duty for that job was a child custody case in Illinois. I won it for our client, the mother of the child that lives in Iowa.

What I don't like about working across the river into Illinois is Illinois doesn't recognize our Iowa conceal carry permits. A number of people I have investigated are not upstanding nor friendly folks. 

I have on occasion, court duty with my full time job. And that court is 75 miles from home in a Federal Court.

#32 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,125 posts
  • Local time: 04:32 PM
  • Interests:The Environment, Shooting ferals whom destroy Australia's fragile ecosystem, , Bush walking and fishing.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

I found if you could just tread the line of hostile witness rulings & I had my record book open,I was taking apart lawyer's who did'nt know about old but relevant common law precidents etc.

One case where a Biker with a 2℅ patch on his jacket tried to charge me with assault and assault with a weapon, etc etc.

I touched him 1st after he threatened to kill me(sect:20), my family and friends for not letting him into a club as per the posted rules.

In court I produced 4 cases that showed you can hit someone first if you feared for your safety due to the other person showing extreme physical or psychological aggression with menace and perceived intent to cause intimidation and bodily harm.

I did quash the charge despite his lawyer asking 5 questions 3 different ways. The lawyer tried to call hostile witness everytime I said I had already given an answer to that question,did you not hear me the first time.

The juddge sided with me and told that lawyer to move on to the next question, or face contempt charge's for wasting the courts time.

It was an exhausting case and Department of Public Prosecution used my case to help cement another Multi charges case they had against this Biker.

He's in the hole for 42 years without parole and if nature is kind,he rots in there.

The weapon I had used against him was a small powder spraying Fire extinguisher, it's contents and the cylinder as a force multiplier after warning him" back off".

I tell new guards & crowd controllers(old term-Bouncers), $200+ dollars in clothing mounted concealed or glasses cams and a practical martial art like Crav megar(spelling maybe wrong) or Russian Sambo can save a lot of grief at home and in court.

Edited by AZZA, 27 August 2017 - 07:40 PM.

• Old Hickory likes this
When it come to varminting, their is nothing more challenging than reaching out and touching a Rabbit from afarAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
The Breakers last words before his unlawfull execution on Kitcheners kangaroo court orders. "Shoot straight you bastards" It's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind" - Lt. Harry Harbord 'Breaker' Morant on being asked what a pagan is By Lt Hancock before their Execution-
Metric/Imperial convertor SMARTLINK

#33 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:23 AM

Very well done, AZZA! By doing what you did, you helped future cases.

Lawyers here try the very same trick, rewording the same question later while you are on the Stand. I believe all lawyers share a common DNA defect. 

#34 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,125 posts
  • Interests:The Environment, Shooting ferals whom destroy Australia's fragile ecosystem, , Bush walking and fishing.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

Yeah it called setting common law precidents. Meaning a recognisable defence not in legislation. My case is is used as a "real world teaching aid at the security traing school". That same school helped me by letting have access to an archive that contained the other precidents that formulated my defence. They also paid for my barrister, a former LEO who as soon as he heard my story in full, obtained surveillance footage from the front of the club, took me on. It was reassuring when he said I know where your coming from. He worked with me and prepared me very well.

As I said it's fun when you can kick a lawyers ass. Reciting the self defence section word for word perfect, threw the biker's lawyer of his game. He thought I was a dumbie who he could confuse and steam roll. Glad I don't have to do it as a job anymore, but the knowledge is handy for dealing with general public who try to intimidate or scam you.
  • Old Hickory likes this
When it come to varminting, their is nothing more challenging than reaching out and touching a Rabbit from afarAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
The Breakers last words before his unlawfull execution on Kitcheners kangaroo court orders. "Shoot straight you bastards" It's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind" - Lt. Harry Harbord 'Breaker' Morant on being asked what a pagan is By Lt Hancock before their Execution-

#35 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

Yes, going into court well prepared and confident  receives as assured victory. Many lawyers are lazy and depend only upon their talking skills. 

My last custody case involved child endangerment on a grand scale conducted by the father.  I had plenty of evidence to back my claim. The sorry excuses of the father and his lawyer were confident and rude during my time on the stand. 

The father of the child received original sole custody because he was related to the presiding judge in a very small farming community. I believe we had the same judge for my charges against the father. My evidence was overwhelming and the Judge became angry with his relative. I imaging the Judge felt anger and guilt because of his prior decision.

The accused father wasn't called to the witness stand. I imagine the entire court room had already reached a decision.

An official decision came several weeks later, granting the mother sole custody. 

The foundation of the case was one day's worth of endangerment, four different incidents in one day and all documented. I don't even want to know how many other times the toddler was endangered. :angry: 

#36 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

Sometimes justice comes full circle. A young and very attractive woman walked out on her husband and child and moved to California to be a model. She also moved in and was living with a lawyer. The two came back to Iowa and hired us to "get the goods" on her husband so she could receive custody. 

We completed a very intense investigation of the husband. Our investigation proved without a doubt the father of the child is a great father. Upon showing the woman the evidence, she went off on my boss and told him, "But you have to get something on him! You have to get something on him!"

My boss gladly informed her if the father of their child needed witnesses in court, we would be glad to testify and present evidence. 

The woman and her lawyer tucked their tails and returned to California. The  father, a prison guard, retained custody.

I wasn't present during that meeting but I wish I was.

#37 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,125 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

It's harder to be registered PI down my neck of the woods. I had the licence for three years and helped a friend get his business off the ground. I know how frustrating paperwork can be and permissions to obtain from courts can be as well. The evolution equipment has taken, just blows my mind.

The hairiest contract we had was paid for by the Victorian Police to surveil a farm house owned by a not at the time confirmed player in the underground drug scene. The police found it impossible due to the fact this guy would get phone calls from locals about any vehicle that smelt of Law enforcement coming into town and thus surveillance was useless.

My friend and I went into that town as deer hunters, bought beer and other supplies from the general store and asked best directions to a certain road in State Forest and how the hunting was in the area. $300 dollars of extra supplies and we were on our way. Parked up and concealed the Toyota Hilux grabbed our rifles, large back packs and hiked 3 miles following a topographic map utill we were on a bluff overlooking this guys property.

We were careful not to light fires and used trangia Style stoves. All our scopes and telescopic gear were covered with pantyhose so no shine come off the glass and we took 4 hour watches so our ribs didn't hurt from being prone.

When we knew the property was empty, 3 times in that week, we went on the property and had a nosy around and photographed chemical containers and other things out of place on a farm.

Being seasoned hunters ect, we left no sign we had been there.

After week we had enough evidence and were finally running low on supplies, getting pissed off that we had to pass up shots on deer, we packed up hiked out during the morning, got back to the 4x4. Connected up the battery we had charging on a solar panel an as it got dark took a back way out of town. I can tell you one misses a hot shower and a real bed without having to wear 5 layers of clothes inside a sleeping bag to stay warm on chilly nights. Or trying to stay awake waiting, looking through night vision scopes and adapted video camera 's and telephoto Nikkon camera's. Compiling the report on computer was tedious, but worth it. We got paid $20,000 for that surveillance Op and the information obtained was at a cost, 1/5th it would have cost the police to set up over two weeks.

My friends business still does police contracted surveillance on top of other more mundane work. That was one of the more exciting, but boring Ops we did.

My mate almost got caught on the property once when the property owner came back early. Using a Prearranged signal on our radio's I Warned my friend that he was not alone. He took cover at the back of the property, his Camo must have worked because he lay in that back paddock for 3 hours, until I keyed an all clear signal. He got up slowly and walked and jumped fences for 250 or so metres till he was in the tree line. I was still up on the bluff when this occurred.
  • Old Hickory likes this

#38 AZZA

AZZA

Sniper

• 4,125 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:33 AM

By the way Ole Hickory, it great to talk to someone who's in the know. Trust me this helps, I hope it does the same for you.
  • Old Hickory likes this

#39 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Thanks, and the same to you, AZZA!

That last case you mentioned was a real humdinger and well done!