• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mush

Mush

Varminter

• 225 posts
  • Local time: 03:31 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

Second outing finally saw two, first at 250 yards (pix attached) and one at 150 yards. Both fat females that made the farmer tell me to hunt anytime. I placed my wallet on the ground for size.

CZ 527 Varmint in 204 Ruger. The 150 yard shot removed the top of the GH's head. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0256.JPG

#2 Aspencreek

Aspencreek

Varminter

• 166 posts
  • Local time: 01:31 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

Nice one!   From the pic I thought maybe it tried to mug you.  :D   How do you like the CZ .204?  I just bought the same rifle in 17 Hornet and really like it so far for rockchucks, but the 204 might be a good step up for a coyote rifle.

#3 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Local time: 01:31 AM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

Very nice, Mush! A vert quick end for that varmint!

#4 jpx2rk

jpx2rk

Varminter

• 163 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, target shooting, wanna be hunter of ground hogs & squirrels, master piddler.

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Looks like she is smiling back at ya.  LOL  She is  fat one for sure.  

#5 Mush

Mush

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

Thank you all.

Aspencreek, LOL on the mugging..... Never thought about that but no, the wallet was all I had on me for size comparison. I really like the CZ rifles. I bought this one on sale because no one wanted it at the gun shop. It went to a gun bash as a prize but was returned because it was not taken as a prize so I got it for a good price. I get 1/4 to 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. With a 40 grain BlitzKing I get just under 4000 feet per second and the recoil is so little, I see the bullet hit.