13 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,655 posts
  • Local time: 05:27 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:23 AM

Click the Instagram link in my signature for live updates! I just posted a picture of the new lead free .17WSM.

Click below for the daily updates:  http://www.varminter...-daily-updates/

Eric  B)

• Old Hickory likes this

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,151 posts
  • Local time: 07:27 PM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

That Winchester Power-Core 17 WSM's ammo sounds interesting. Thanks for the updates Eric.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#3 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:38 AM

There are a few new things that look interesting.  I also might finally be getting my hands on the new T/C Contender frame.  I'll update more as the day goes, on Instagram.  Otherwise, it will be on the site this evening.

Btw, folks do not need Instagram to view the posts, just click the link and it will take you to the web version.

Eric  B)

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#4 DongKong

DongKong

Varminter

• 524 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

Eric,

Can you find out what the .222 is going to be twisted?  

Thanks for the updates.

#5 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Yes.  I'll have all the information put together soon.  We are heading back to their booth this week for an appointment, and will be discussing the details.  Also, we are expected to get one in for testing, both at the range and in the field.  So far, it looks and feels like a fun little rifle.

Eric  B)

#6 DongKong

DongKong

Varminter

• 524 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

Oh yeah.  They're cool.

The mag constraints of the .223 version make it a bit less than awesome.

Ask them if they've considered offering a non-detachable mag version.  

#7 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:13 AM

Great report. Eric!

#8 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,083 posts
  • Local time: 06:27 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

Looking forward to the full report on the wood stocked A-17 and on the Bullet caller. The built in decoy is a great idea.

and if you go by the SK/Jagd booth please tell them how displeased I am that they've discontinued their hunting line of rimfire ammo. Seems they're catering to target shooters only now.

Edited by Red, 23 January 2016 - 07:16 AM.

Protector of the nuts.

#9 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,829 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:26 AM

I really like the new A17 & will be buying one. I'm happy they brought out the laminated stock version VS the plastic stock model but seriously,,,,,,   WTF!!  were they thinking when they carved that big stupid A17 insignia into the stock!! Now I have to buy the plastic stock version & an aftermarket stock at some point for a nice looking 17HMR semi auto rifle.

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#10 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,083 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

I really like the new A17 & will be buying one. I'm happy they brought out the laminated stock version VS the plastic stock model but seriously,,,,,,   WTF!!  were they thinking when they carved that big stupid A17 insignia into the stock!! Now I have to buy the plastic stock version & an aftermarket stock at some point for a nice looking 17HMR semi auto rifle.

yup. capitalist bastids.

On the bright side, since you are a wood working wizard, when you get your Boyd's stock you can boldly engrave G.S.17 into the stock. If you're afraid, I'll do it for you.

Protector of the nuts.

#11 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,829 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

LOL   Yeah kinda had a moment there didn't I??  Sorry!!

I would be very tempted to reduce the weight of that rifle with a good sharp hand plane & some fine sand paper!!

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#12 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,083 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

no I agree with you. I wouldn't want that thing stamped on my rifle either. I guess I could live with it.

Protector of the nuts.

#13 DongKong

DongKong

Varminter

• 524 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

So what are they twisted?

I'd like to think they're 1-9".

#14 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

I'll have the full rundown of the Savage and CCI products in a video coming in the next couple of days.

Eric  B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 17WSM, SHOTSHOW