• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Master Chief

Master Chief

Varminter

• 8 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 AM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

I went on my first Yote hunt last night. I didn't see any but sure had a good time. I am open to any suggestions from the group that may help me get my first kill.

#2 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,154 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 PM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:15 AM

Tell us some specifics about your hunt. Set up location, gun, calls, time, etc Since you had a good time; it was well worth the trip 

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#3 Master Chief

Master Chief

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

It was for sure worth the trip. I have a coyote caller (Big Dogg). We used it but I believe we were to far from it as my remote seemed out of range. We could see the tree line by his pasture where he had new baby cows. We had a nest by a pond well hidden. I had my Savage 17 and my bud had his. We tried at several locations on his ranch but no luck. The weather was great and the sky was clear. He told me that the following day the coyotes were down in the areas were were watching howling. We are planning another early evening or morning hunt. I thinking getting in place at the right time will be key. We used the coyote calls and rabbit call on the machine. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coyote