#1 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,655 posts
  • Local time: 09:24 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

**This Contest is OVER** - July 12, 2014  -  EM

I first reviewed the Savage B.MAG and the 17 Winchester Super Magnum Ammunition in July 2013.  It included a video that showed the rifle and ammo in action.  The first video, as well as the two that followed, have resulted in over 185,000 views, equaling over 420 days in actual time spent watching the videos!!

Unfortunately, this popularity and the current ammunition situation, has caused a shortage of ammunition for people who have rifles, but no ammo to shoot.  So, If you have NO 17 Winchester Super Magnum ammunition for your rifle, this is your chance to win some here!

This is going to be a tough contest, but it will be worthwhile to the winner, as that person will win two boxes of the 17 Winchester Super Magnum ammunition.  One box of the 20 grain and one box of the 25 grain, shipped to your door.

17-Winchester-Super-Mag-Giveaway.jpg

Here are the "rules":

1)  You must have a delivery address within the Contiguous 48 States (no Alaska or Hawaii) and be allowed to accept ammunition at your home address.

2)  You must post a photograph of your Savage B.MAG, with a print-out of the image linked here (Click Here), in this thread.

3)  If you do not have a Savage B.MAG, but have another firearm chambered in the 17WSM cartridge, you must contact me via PM and include your telephone number.

4)  If you have ammo, please do not participate in this contest.  If you are caught lying, you will not be able to participate in any other giveaway contest in the future (we have some rifle giveaways coming soon, so you may not want to take the chance).

5)  I am requesting (not requiring) that you post some pictures of your kills with your rifle after receiving the ammunition.

6)  You must be a member in good standing (Current or New).

7)  The contest will end when we have at least 15 seperate entries, or when I deem it is time to end it because it is dragging on.

8)  Winner will be drawn randomly in a unique manner.

If you have any questions, please ask in this thread.  Participants must post in this thread.  If you just want to cheer folks on, you can also post in this thread!

Good Luck!!

Eric A. Mayer  B)

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture-Note.jpg

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#2 onegreatshot

onegreatshot

Varminter

• 81 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 PM
  • Interests:Hunting anything, fishing were there are fish, Drinking fine wine and Smoking cheap cigars,Had to give up the Cigars. Now I can afford good wine.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Darn nice thing your doing Eric. As a member in good standing I will not submit my entry. I do have ammo. Hope the winner is a very nice guy.  As they say nice guys win in the long run.

• Eric Mayer likes this

#3 onegreatshot

onegreatshot

Varminter

• 81 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 PM
  • Interests:Hunting anything, fishing were there are fish, Drinking fine wine and Smoking cheap cigars,Had to give up the Cigars. Now I can afford good wine.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

OK Eric, here is my question to you, want if anything have you heard about the supply of 17 WSM from Winchester???????????????????????? rumors are their retooling!!!!!!!! Doing more research on split casing problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  etc:: Thinking you have probably sold well over 100 rifles just from this site alone, the big W could tell you a little something.  Thanks  for reading my drivvel.

\

DRIVVEL  (new word someone who whines)

Edited by onegreatshot, 03 July 2014 - 09:08 PM.

• Eric Mayer likes this

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,154 posts
  • Local time: 10:24 PM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

Good job Eric!!

• Eric Mayer likes this
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#5 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

OK Eric, here is my question to you, want if anything have you heard about the supply of 17 WSM from Winchester???????????????????????? rumors are their retooling!!!!!!!! Doing more research on split casing problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  etc:: Thinking you have probably sold well over 100 rifles just from this site alone, the big W could tell you a little something.  Thanks  for reading my drivvel.

\

DRIVVEL  (new word someone who whines)

I spoke to Winchester about a month ago.  They stated that they are continuing to make the ammo and ship it, but they cannot keep up with demand.  I've seen the 17WSM ammo show up at my local Walmart (30 miles away is the closest that sells ammo) with some frequency, but it is only a box or two.  Also, it is one of the items that the resellers are buying when they camp out in front of the Walmart's front door waiting for them to open, then rushing to the ammo case.  I have had no problems getting the ammo from friend's of mine who are looking for me.  They are in the Northeast portion of the states and they are finding it at large retailers, such as Walmart, Academy Sports, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc.  

With regards to the cracked cases, I have a fresh batch of the 20 grain ammo that I just acquired, so I will be shooting those in one of the new Stainless Heavy Barrel B.MAG rifles that I just picked-up from my FFL yesterday.  I have experienced very few split cases with my original B.MAG and my Contender, so I'm not finding it to be an issue with the ammo I bought last year.  I am hoping Winchester fine-tuned their production line to resolve any issues that showed up in the past (that goes for Savage as well).

I've found that like most companies, even us in the "media" get told very little, so I don't have a lot of information.  However, with the recent levels of rimfire ammunition hitting Cabelas, Gander Mountain and some of the other online shops, I'm hoping the 17WSM ammo is poised for a large run to hit the market.

Thanks for the kind words guys.  We also have another member who has offered two boxes of his own to put towards another giveaway, so that is awesome as well!

Now we just need some people to participate in this giveaway.

Eric  B)

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#6 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Feel free to spread to word to anyone you know who does not have 17WSM, but has a rifle.

Eric  B)

#7 tuffsstuff

tuffsstuff

Varminter

• 44 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Anything Outdoors. Love Being With Friends And Family.

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Just picked up my B Mag Thursday and came across this site while attempting to find ammo.  To say the least, it is very hard to find the ammo based off the hours of searching for it.  I talked with a gentleman at Gander Mountain and he told me that Winchester developed the round and Savage quickly made a rifle for it and Winchester is not in a big hurry to help their competition sell more rifles.  I feel that it is just a shortage issue myself like all other rimfire ammo at this time.  Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to win some ammo.  That is downright good hearted of you to offer.  I will post a picture of the B Mag tomorrow. Working late nights tonight.

• Eric Mayer likes this

#8 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

I PM'd you some information about your pictures (I removed them for now).  You need to actually print-out the Varminter Magazine image and place it next to the B.MAG rifle when you take the photo that you post here for the contest.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Eric  B)

#9 tuffsstuff

tuffsstuff

Varminter

• 44 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Anything Outdoors. Love Being With Friends And Family.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

As promised' here are some pics of my Little Hunter and our new B Mag. He's ready for the field.
IMG_20140705_161414_zps5dfeac4f.jpg
IMG_20140705_161502_zpsabca743d.jpg
IMG_20140705_161512_zpsc79c0cbb.jpg
  • Eric Mayer likes this

#10 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

You know what?  Message me your address.  You taking your son out with you makes you a winner already, so you're getting some ammo.  I'll send you a box of each!

This contest is still in effect, but tuffstuff gets some ammo just because.  :D

Run your cursor over my name, then click the "Send Message" button to send me your info.  Also send me your son's t-shirt size!

Eric  B)

• tuffsstuff likes this

#11 Spud

Spud

Varminter

• 259 posts
  • Local time: 08:24 PM
  • Interests:Bench rest shooting, reloading, Fly fishing, fly tying and Prairie Dogs Shooting

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Way to go Eric, thats what I would do.

Spud

#12 tuffsstuff

tuffsstuff

Varminter

• 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Eric,
I am without words. Really appreciate this.

#13 tuffsstuff

tuffsstuff

Varminter

• 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Spud,
I live down in Roxborough. We are practically neighbors!

#14 Spud

Spud

Varminter

• 259 posts
  • Local time: 08:24 PM
  • Interests:Bench rest shooting, reloading, Fly fishing, fly tying and Prairie Dogs Shooting

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

Send me a E-mail -Spudx@mac.com I have a few boxes I could spare.

Spud

PS I live in Littleton so not to far away.

• tuffsstuff likes this

#15 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

That sure is a fine offer, Eric!

I have ammo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 17 Winchester Super Magnum, 17WSM Ammo