• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidbradford

davidbradford

Varminter

• 358 posts
  • Local time: 09:52 PM

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

This proposed law raises a lot of questions. I do not have the answers. In this case, I am just posting.

ALERT: California Dems want
"Gun Violence Restraining Order"

According to the Sacramento Bee, "[Assemblymembers] Das Williams of Santa Barbara and Nancy Skinner of Berkeley announced they will introduce a bill that would allow concerned family members or friends to notify authorities when a loved one is at risk of committing violence."

• Do you really think their bill will respect our Second Amendment gun rights, due process, or privacy? Can you imagine what might happen to law-abiding gun owners with anti-gun family or friends?!

Senator Steinberg, best known for authoring 2013's SB 374 semi-auto ban, told the Bee that the Isla Vista tragedy creates new urgency for a conversation about passing more gun control.

• "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

In her May 26 L.A. Times op-ed, Dr. Renée Binder said that "[i]t's impossible to know" if a "Gun Violence Restraining Order law" (such as she's proposed) would have prevented the Isla Vista killings, but also that "[e]nacting such a restraining order would be the next step in what is already a proud legacy" of gun control in California.

• Anti-gun extremists don't care about anything but passing more gun control laws. It doesn't matter to them if the laws actually solve problems or create new ones. Your fundamental rights aren't even a consideration.

#2 dangerranger

dangerranger

Varminter

• 567 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 PM
  • Interests:I enjoy building guns as much as shooting them.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

I cant even imagine all the ways this could be abused! Pissed off exes, Custody battles, etc.... DR

• davidbradford likes this

#3 davidbradford

davidbradford

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

That is one of my major concerns. It is even more dangerous for gun owners since the ATF is proposing on a new definition of Mental Defective that was spawned from Obama's 23 executive orders for gun control made on January 16, 2013. If the new definition of Mental Defective holds then a court order can be reported to the NICS and results in a lifetime Federal firearms prohibition.

Obama's 23 Executive Orders for gun control: http://www.whitehous...e_time_full.pdf

#4 davidbradford

davidbradford

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

TAKE ACTION NOW: Asm. Skinner Intros
AB 1014, "Gun Violence Restraining Orders"

Dems "gut & amend" bill already in the Senate ala Sen. Yee's SB 249

AB 1014 (Skinner):
  • Creates shall-issue "Gun Violence Restraining Orders" ("GVRO") and "Firearm Seizure Warrants" issued by anti-gun California courts.
  • Will lead to the persecution of an entire class of law-abiding Californians...and it might lead to even worse.
  • Second Amendment rights would be stripped away on as little as hearsay.
  • Would establish that evidence for a GVRO includes "recent acquisition of firearms or other deadly weapons."

More at: https://www.firearms...ifornia/ab1014/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Gun Laws, California