3 replies to this topic

#1 davidbradford

davidbradford

Varminter

• 358 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

I am new member. Right now, I am a air gunner right now. I started hunting when I was13 with a 5mm Remington Magnum and hunted until I was 18 when I entered the US Army as an Infantryman. In the Army I became proficient in many small arms: M16A2, M203, M60 (belt feed 7.62mm ), M2 ( .50 caliber machine gun), M72 LAW and TOW anti tank missile.

I am currently only target shooting with my Air Arm Pro Sport in .22 Caliber. My groupings and penetration tests indicate that, with this rifle, I can humanely put down ground squirrels, rabbits and equal or smaller game out to 40 yards.

My goal is to find local orchards, farms, and other types of areas where I can do some pesting/hunting. I live in the SF Bay Area and am willing to drive 4+ hours.

I am hoping that someone on this forum can point me toward an area where can start asking property owners, chambers of commerce, etc... about this.

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,615 posts
  • Local time: 10:43 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Welcome to Varminter!

With the wine country and other agriculture areas over near Livermore, you should be able to find some spots. I don't know of any specific areas near there, but they have looked good to me in the past while driving through.

Put together a flier with your information and what you can do. Also, you may want to print some in Spanish and English, so the workers can forward the information on to the owners or managers.

Let us know how it goes.

Eric B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#3 lunarlithic

lunarlithic

Varminter

• 1,482 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 PM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Welcome David

If you get over to the Valley I'm in Fresno and would look forward to meeting you. Maybe go out on the westside and add some properties to the list.

Sean

#4 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,067 posts
  • Local time: 11:43 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Welcome to Varminter, David, and good luck finding some good hunting places.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new member