Howdy, Eric!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• 3,067 posts
  • Local time: 11:42 PM
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

This is quite a place! You sure cover a lot of different ground here, most interesting.

I am a Native American and a patrolman on an Army owned military munition production facility that includes 19,000 acres. I enforce the laws of the land, including game&fish law.

I'm also a sucessful custom knife maker and have been in business for over 20 years. Contrary to what most folks would think, the custom knife business hasn't seemed to suffer during these economic trying times.

I have quit big game hunting and now hunt mostly squirrels and an occasional rabbit and coyote.

My choice of rifle is my HMR and soon, a .17WSM. Some of my hunting is pistol hunting.

I live in Burlington, Iowa, the southeastern corner smack on the shores of the Mississippi river. Fishing and hunting here is good.

I have seen you on RFC, Eric, and am very impressed with your knowledge and savy.

I moderate another board, GutpileStyle, under my real name, John Andrews

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,615 posts
  • Local time: 10:42 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Welcome to Varminter, John!

I'm glad to see you over here and look forward to reading your posts!

I'll go check out gutpilestyle too! (nice name)

Eric B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#3 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 3,067 posts
  • Interests:Family, custom knife making, hunting,fishing, hunting Indian artifacts. Main hunting interest is tree squirrel hunting with rifle and pistol only. Yeah, still working full time.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thanks very much, Eric! It's an honor to be here!

#4 sixshooter

sixshooter

Varminter

• 737 posts
  • Local time: 09:42 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Great to see you here Old Hickory. I hope you get that Bmag soon you have waited long enough!!!

#5 Old Hickory

Old Hickory

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Thanks, sixshooter! I'm still waiting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Member