#1 ziesel

ziesel

Varminter

• 124 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 PM
  • Interests:Varmint, Photographer, Birding

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hi folks,

I´m planing to buy a new air gun in the next time. Would like to change from my convential spring piston Diana 36 to a PCP air gun. But which one and in which caliber?

At first I asked at my local dealer about the Steyr LG 110 in cal .20, a great looking rifle! But with a price of 1700 € (US-$ 2265) sadly about my budget.
http://www.steyr-spo...h-power-hunting

Second choice is a PCP from Weihrauch, especially the HW 100T. . Though I wanted to support the austrian company it seems as the germans would make the win. Price is far better, "only" 1250 € = 1666 US-$.
http://www.weihrauch...uftgewehre.html

Any experiences out there? Would a simple pump do the job or is it requested to buy a PCP contrainer (costs?)

Thanks for your help!

Roman

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,673 posts
  • Local time: 12:18 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Our friend over at the VarmintAir Blog has a HW 100 T and is enjoying it. He also has some good information about the rifle, along with some hunt footage on his blog: http://varmintair.typepad.com/.

I know some that do not mind a pump, especially when they are shooting for accuracy and want a specific charge in their tank. However, I don't know what I would do without a tank to fill my airguns. When I am out shooting, the last thing I want to do is stop and pump up my gun. A quick fill from the tank and I'm back in the field again!

I hope this information helps!

Eric B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#3 ziesel

ziesel

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

Thanks, Eric. I´ll have a look.

#4 sixshooter

sixshooter

Varminter

• 737 posts
  • Local time: 10:18 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

I had a Diana 36 in 177 THE MOST ACCURATE airgun I ever shot ! but the guns of the days of now are much better. A pcp with a tank to refill is much easier. and they are very accurate. but.... how many shots do you plan on taking in an outing. If I was on an outing and needed (help me here) 30 minutes to pump up my pcp wouldnt be so much of a burden. I am a hunter 20 shots in an outing is more than enough for me. And makes you a better hunter. just my honest opinion. Now if you are talking a gun with a built in pump like the old Sheridan then well I had one of those too! mine wasn't
so accurate.But as Eric said a specific charge or pumps could prove to be more accurate. Without having to go to the BIG BORES a .22 works well on most airgun critters.

#5 ziesel

ziesel

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Sixshoooter you convinced me, I´ll not sell the Diana (BTW, it´s Mod. 38 in .177) as planned but buy additiontaly the HW100 T F.S.B. in .22. Based on the fact that our shops aren´t as well "outfitted" (don´t know if this is the right term) like yopurs in the US my order will arrive not earlier then end of the year.
Big bore air rifle? I guess one will wait about 3 years when ordering one.

Good shooting!

Roman

#6 Catfish

Catfish

Varminter

• 36 posts
  • Local time: 01:18 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Man there are so many nice air guns out there now I would not know where to start. I guess first what are you going to use it for? I think I am done with springers, the neumatics have to much of an advantage. For target the 177 in a single cock would be an excellent choice. For hunting the PCP`s are the way to go. It`s just what cal. and that depends on the size of game your after. I think that the 25 cal. would be the best choice for most people, but if your wanting to take larger game there are larger calibers out there.

#7 Shakey

Shakey

Varminter

• 153 posts
  • Local time: 10:18 AM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Look at the Benjamin Marauder in .25 cal. It's accurate and well made. Best of all it is affordable. JMHO

#8 Nomadic Pirate

Nomadic Pirate

Varminter

• 123 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 AM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Kalibur Cricket, made in the Checz repubic is the hot gun at the moment, they have both the bullPup and the rifle version

#9 ziesel

ziesel

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for your responses, guys.
But as I allready wrote on Sept. 3rd - I bought a HW100 T Full Shrouted Barrel in .22.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: air gun, Steyr, Weihrauch, PCP