Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 4,671 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 AM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

cz-17-hornet-eastern-sierra.jpg

Hey Everyone!

I just completed a new article, gallery and video review of the CZ Model 527 in the .17 Hornady Hornet! I've done a few things different this time, like including the gallery at the end of the story and narrating my video, instead of just letting it play with no explanations of what was happening.

Here is the link: http://www.varminter...hornady-hornet/

If you see any misspellings, or other screw-ups, just let me know!

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Thanks in advance!

Eric A. Mayer B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#2 troutbum

troutbum

Varminter

• Editor
  • 1,719 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 AM
  • Interests:Fly-Fishing and Tying, varmint hunting

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I thought the write up was great and the video too. You just gotta love the 17 Hornet.

-----~  <*(((((><

#3 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Thanks!

It quickly turned into one of those "fun" rifle/caliber combos that are rare to find! I didn't believe it before, but I think this caliber might have a bearing on how well the new .17WSM does in the marketplace.

Eric B)

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#4 troutbum

troutbum

Varminter

• Editor
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Fly-Fishing and Tying, varmint hunting

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

I have used this cartridge for a long time (17AH) it has always been just pure fun. The new 17HH is a winner IMHO.

-----~  <*(((((><

#5 tuck2

tuck2

Varminter

• 189 posts
  • Interests:Out door sports ,hunt, fish, camp, reload ammo.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

I m a 17 Cal fan and have a 17 HM2, 17 HMR, 17 fireball and 17 Rem rifles. Last Dec I purchased five boxes of 17 Hornet ammo, a 4-16 X 44 AO scope and a military sling, Since then I v gotten a box of 17 H brass and RCBS 17 Full length reloading die set with a neck die five boxes of ammo and a box of brass still on back order. I have plenty of 17 Cal bullets and small primers on hand. I have some powder but I read that one should try some 1680 powder. I have had a CZ Varmint 17 Hornet rifle on order for some time and will get some scope rings when I get the rifle. This will be my first CZ brand rifle so I liked what you reported. I live in prairie dog country and shoot them all year long when the wind is not blowing.. Should a accurate Win 17 SM RF rifle comes out I give it a try too.

#6 glenn asher

glenn asher

Varminter

• 1,298 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

My CZ American SHOULD be in this Wednesday, I've had one on order locally since January, but he couldn't find one, so I jumped on another I found on the internet. Yeah, I called the local guy and told him to cancel my order. I've been stocked up since about that time, with dies, bullets, some cases, a trimmer pilot, etc. I already had the cleaning gear, so I'm good to go.

According to the Hornady #9 manual, 1680 is THE powder to use. I use it already in my .22 Hornet, so I have some of that, too. I guess I'm set, the scope came in day before yesterday, and all is right in the world.I'll pick it up Wednesday, if traffic and time allows, otherwise, I'll just wait until Friday and my day off.
Not ready for the White House to be a crack house....................

#7 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

I look forward to your results, glenn! I am taking the .17 Hornet, along with the 17WSM and my CZ 5mm Rimfire conversion out to Arizona for some prairie dog and jack rabbit hunting. It will be interesting to see how everything performs against each other!

Eric B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CZ 527, 17 Hornady Hornet, 17 Hornet