Ruger 10/22 96/22 Magnum Remington M11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rhamil54

rhamil54

Varminter

• 2 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 PM
  • Interests:rifles, gunsmithing & mods, target shooting, varmint hunting (crows are a favorite), photo editing

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Greetings! I'm a longtime plinker, target shooter, and sometime hunter though the latter is getting difficult in NE Oklahoma. Currently I only have long guns; Ruger 10/22 semi-auto, 1940 Remington Model 11 16ga semi-auto full choke, and a recent acquisition of a Ruger 96/22 lever gun in .22 Magnum. Have played with centerfire and reloading with a Remington XP-100 pistol, but thats gone now; though now I'm kicking myself for selling the RCBS reloading stuff.

Have made a decent foray into Gunsmithing with the Ruger 10/22 including action modications, trigger mods, custom stock, and glass bedding for accuracy including installing bedding pillars, and then scopes and rings for that, as well as several previous .22 rimfires. Wound up with a 10/22 tack driver tuned specifically for CCI Velocitors, and that's all it gets fed. Current projects are some mods and restoration on the Remington M11, and preparing to give the Ruger 96/22 Magnum lever gun the same treatment I gave the 10/22, starting with the standard Ruger "20 pound" rimfire trigger group. The 96/22 will be tougher, as there's not the aftermarket parts support like with the 10/22.

I'm new here as a member on this forum, but have been cruising it for years. I've been on the Rimfire Central forums for almost a decade, and on The Highroad.org forum for a while too.

So Hello All, and I'm glad to be here!
Randy Hamilton, Tulsa, OK

#2 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,829 posts
  • Local time: 07:35 PM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Good to have you here Randy!! Welcome to the Varminter!!

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#3 rhamil54

rhamil54

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 PM
  • Interests:rifles, gunsmithing & mods, target shooting, varmint hunting (crows are a favorite), photo editing

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Glad to be here. One of the reasons I joined after 'lurking' for years was that I realized you had a Ruger 96/22 expert here, AMMOe. I'm hoping to review a lot of his posts, and maybe solicit some advice after I've done my homework and am up to speed on past posts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ruger, 10/22, 96/22 Magnum, Remington M11