.17 Winchester Super Magnum Savage B.MAG

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,825 posts
  • Local time: 10:51 PM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

My plans are to get the Savage & if it does what I want it to then it's out of that stock & into a Boyds as soon as I can make it happen. Then again it just might stay as is in the form of a truck gun. Decisions decisions!!

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#32 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,144 posts
  • Local time: 08:51 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Yea, but what did you call it the other week....Oh yea; you got that extra safe full of spendable cash hanging around the house :lol:
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#33 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,067 posts
  • Local time: 07:51 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

My plans are to get the Savage & if it does what I want it to then it's out of that stock & into a Boyds as soon as I can make it happen. Then again it just might stay as is in the form of a truck gun. Decisions decisions!!

I hadn't thought of a replacement stock. Might not be available for a while though? It's not gonna fix that funny looking bolt.

it seems I've had the most fun with the ugliest guns. No worries about making a mark or carefull handling. I just keep looking at the MSRP $349

Protector of the nuts.

#34 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,144 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

" It's not gonna fix that funny looking bolt. it seems I've had the most fun with the ugliest guns. No worries about making a mark or carefull handling. I just keep looking at the MSRP $349"

That bolt reminds me of an old Pontiac hood ornament setting backwards. Good comment on having the most fun with the ugliest guns and being able to semi beat them up, buit I'm gonna have to be the one to hold out on a purdy one at $389. I know it's being planned and in the works...we just don't know about it yet.
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

#35 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,067 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

LOL on the hood ornament. I have to agree.

yep for $40 more bucks, if that's the way it plays out, the CZ would be my choice too. But I'm not as convinced as you that CZ is even making one. Do you have further info on that?

Protector of the nuts.

#36 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,144 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

My hope as well would be CZ...Probably only a false hope at that. But wasn't there three or four manufacturers that were going to take this project on? One of them must be considering a pretty wood and a different looking hood ornament after getting a load of this one. After all; this is going to be the world's fastest rimfire, it deserves to be oogled :crazycamo: I like Savage as well...but I'm afraid of that ugly rubbing off on some of my other guns in the cabinet. That must be why you and Glen might buy and then make it a truck floorboard shooter.

#37 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,067 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

You almost have me convinced. we'll wait, let Glen buy a Savage and a few months later you and I will get a spiffy CZ or ?

Then we'll snicker about his ugly rifle behind his back and make the occasional veiled innuendo to his face.

Protector of the nuts.

#38 troutbum

troutbum

Varminter

• Editor
  • 1,719 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
  • Interests:Fly-Fishing and Tying, varmint hunting

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

That Savage bolt handle is an ugly sucker, looks like they forgot it and grabbed something out of the junk bin!

-----~  <*(((((><

#39 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,144 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

You have me convinced. we'll wait, let Glen buy a Savage ...... (occasional veiled innuendo) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That all sounds like a plan Red; psssstt....don't let Glen know what were doing! BTW...I saw a nice CZ Trainer in .17 HMR just yesterday at the gun shop for $359. I bet he'd come down with the Super .17 just a couple months or so away. There's still hope!

Edited by MikeNC, 21 February 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#40 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,067 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Frankenbolt!

I won't tell him...sshhh :ph34r:

Protector of the nuts.

#41 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,144 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Frankenbolt! :lol: :lol:

#42 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 13,825 posts
  • Local time: 10:51 PM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, &amp; my 2 kids-- Crystal &amp; Glen Jr.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

<_<

:huh:

:o

B)

It's all good fellas. I might just be going a completely different route now. :P

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#43 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,650 posts
  • Local time: 06:51 PM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

As long as this gun shoots well, I don't care if it isn't pretty. Although I think the Savage rifles with wood stocks (especially the thumbhole stocks) are beautiful. This one is more of a bang it around in the field kind of gun. Who knows, they all might end up looking like this one after a while. I never thought the 70's and 80's fashion would come back, but take a look around...

Eric B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#44 Red

Red

Sniper

• 16,067 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

It's all good fellas. I might just be going a completely different route now. :P

oh c'mon Glen. you gotta give us more than that man! what could it be? :unsure: throw us a bone here.

I might end up with the Savage 17wsm? been dreaming about a 357magnum revolver too though. no money for either just now.

Protector of the nuts.

#45 MikeNC

MikeNC

Varminter

• 3,144 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

OK...who told Glen :lol: I think he's trying to use some sort of reverse psychology :dazedcamo: on us now Red. Don't fall for it man.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: .17 Winchester Super Magnum, Savage B.MAG