• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nantan2

nantan2

Varminter

• 99 posts
  • Local time: 04:14 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

New memeber to the website. Glad I found this site. I am an avid P-dog hunter/ground squirrel hunter. My favorite caliber is the .22-250. However I do use .17 Remington, .204 Ruger, .223, .17M2, and .243 winchester. Next on my bucket list is the .17 Hornet (as soon as Ruger chambers it). On occasion I will pull out the Ruger Charger in .22LR and thump some close dogs (within 75 yards).

nantan3.jpg
nantan2.jpg
nantan1.jpg

Nantan2

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer

Varminter

• Admin
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

Great pictures! Every time I see them, I'm amazed by the pictures of PD's in the snow!

Eric B)

Click below to connect with us on the web:

Varminter-YouTube.jpg Varminter-Facebook.jpg Varminter-Instagram.jpg Varminter-GooglePlus.jpg 

#3 nantan2

nantan2

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Eric:
This was a year ago in February. It was on private property. When I got up the temperature was -10 degrees. After breakfast I headed out of town. When I got to the shooting fields it had warmed to a balmy 5 degrees above zero. But I dressed warmly, the sun was shining, and the shooting was fast and furious. Those big PD's are easy to spot on that white snow, and they make a lovely scene after being hit (red and green every where). As you know, there is a season on PD's now in Utah. It is closed from April 1 to June 16 (breeding season). Gotta have a new supply of target! The good thing about shooting in the winter: No bugs...especially mosquitos & flies, and no mirage to deal with on those long shots.
Nantan2 :winkcamo:

#4 nantan2

nantan2

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

I've found that the 75 grain Hornady V-Max combined with Superformance powder makes for a very sweet long range PD medicine!! :coolcamo:

Attached Thumbnails

• 75-grain-v-max-does-the-job.jpg

#5 nantan2

nantan2

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Note: Out of my Ruger M77 Target in .243 Winchester topped off with a Leupold 6-18x40 scope. :dazedcamo:

#6 fredhorace77

fredhorace77

Varminter

• 85 posts
  • Local time: 05:14 AM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

I've found that the 75 grain Hornady V-Max combined with Superformance powder makes for a very sweet long range PD medicine!! :coolcamo:

do you have any crono data on that load...ive been looking into building that same load but havent had a chance yet...wanting to know if you can enlighten me

#7 nantan2

nantan2

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

I'm sure I've got some load data at home. I'll have to check and post it later.
Nantan2
:eyebrowcamo: