• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 w00t_Masta

w00t_Masta

Varminter

• 302 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well, I finally finished my 8yr project .22lr completing with the most important part...Jarvis Barrel :). Below are the specs on the gun and some pics from the first time out with the completed project.

Sure was some cold shooting this morning...17f...

Originally bought in 02 for $139:
Upgrades:

Volq Target Hammer: $37
Volq Extractor: $18
ASA Trigger Shoe: $6 (shipped)
Oversized Trigger Pivot Pin: $6 (shipped)
Richards Microfit Tach Driver: $144 (shipped)
Glass Bedding Products: $8 (1/4 of a $25 kit)
Leopold Rings: $18
Weaver Base: $6
BSA Mil-Dot 4-16x40mm: $90
Jarvis Custom SS Bull Barrel: $216 (shipped)
Sling: $12
Harris Bi-pod: $72
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Jbotto

Jbotto

Varminter

• 466 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Nice setup! I have never thought they were that good of shooters, but that makes me think again! How'd it shoot before and what component really turned the tables making it go from factory shooter, to tack driver?
"No experience is so conductive for steady and accurate shooting as the knowledge of the impossibility to escape by speed."
-Sir Samuel Baker

Previously hunterotto91. You guys might recognize Jbotto from a few other places...

#3 Glen

Glen

Sniper

• 12,651 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 PM
  • Interests:Hunting , shooting, vacations,unemployment in the winter, remodeling the house, kickin the cat, Diane, & my 2 kids-- Crystal & Glen Jr.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:53 AM

Nice looking rig!! B)

RIP Russ,Blaine & Darrell!!

Glen

2013-14 TBC-- 52

#4 w00t_Masta

w00t_Masta

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 302 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Nice setup! I have never thought they were that good of shooters, but that makes me think again! How'd it shoot before and what component really turned the tables making it go from factory shooter, to tack driver?

From what I hear they usually do a little better out of the box than the 10/22. Honestly I think taking the time to find the right ammo makes a big difference. There are some mods to make the trigger pull lighter/crisper, that helps a lot. But really for this specific rifle it was the barrel...This was my first rifle/gun purchase and I none of my family really shoots accept for me...so I knew nothing of cleaning, never cleaned the barrel for years and it's all leaded up. I could have spent some time really cleaning it or taking it to a smith but I knew i eventually wanted a custom barrel anyway. So there you go...barrel $216 purchase to make it a real tackdriver. Worth it to me in the end. First gun, first custom gun project finished. I'll never sell it, ever. It will end up being handed down to my almost 3yr old son.

I love the way it feels, looks, and shoots. It's a blessing.

w00t

#5 Jbotto

Jbotto

Varminter

• 466 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Cool w00t! You did a nice job! Enjoy the rifle!
"No experience is so conductive for steady and accurate shooting as the knowledge of the impossibility to escape by speed."
-Sir Samuel Baker

Previously hunterotto91. You guys might recognize Jbotto from a few other places...

#6 greywolf

greywolf

Varminter

• 71 posts
  • Local time: 06:33 PM
  • Interests:Hunting, Catfishing, Camping, and Shooting

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Nice very nice.
If it crawls it falls and if it flies it dies. Hunt hard and apologize to no one.

#7 valvesinmyhead

valvesinmyhead

Varminter

• 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

My VTR is looking very promising. Broke it in with 200rds of Mini Mag HP. A few failure to eject.

#8 HorseMarines

HorseMarines

Varminter

• 9 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 PM

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

Very Nice.

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Varminter

• 499 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 PM