• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 17ghogkiller

17ghogkiller

Varminter

• 196 posts
  • Local time: 12:58 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

I finally got to shot my henry yesterday and was very impressed. The gun has a great fit and finish. I could keep my shots in about a 2 inch circle at 50 yrds with federal bulk ammo with open sights. The action is as smooth as can be. Took me back to my daisy days as a kid. The fun factor is extremely high with this gun.

#2 Jerry

Jerry

Varminter

• 727 posts
  • Local time: 03:58 PM
  • Interests:Drag Racing, ATVs, shooting

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

cool.gif Its always fun to have a good shooter right out of the box, especially one that brings back memories. Those Daisies are fun guns, I had a model 880 that went through 18,000 bb's in one of many summers, cant beat em! Post a pic of that beauty!

#3 Red

Red

Sniper

• 13,195 posts
  • Local time: 02:58 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

The sights on the Henry's are pretty coarse. I don't know what type of replacements can be had for it? I always felt like we (my son & I) were capable of doing better with it if the sights were more precise. In the end we wound up putting a cheap scope on it. It shoots better than I would have expected for a lever gun in that price range and probably even better yet with a better quality scope with a 50yd parallax free setting instead of 100.

Sure is fun!

#4 luvtoshoot

luvtoshoot

Varminter

• 7 posts
  • Local time: 12:58 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

I have two Henry's the Golden Boy in 17HMR and the blued .22 Lever I think it is the H-100 without have to run into my gunroom to verify it. I love them both, they are great shooters, I shot a 100yd target with the Golden Boy 10 shots in about an inch. Check out the Henry site my picture and comments are there. When I sent in the group measurement I found it later to be wrong and it was actually smaller than I reported. I really never expected lever guns to shoot this well. The .22 shoots great and again without running to the gun room I can't give an accurate report. I hung a 3X9 on it and am extremely happy with it. biggrin.gif

#5 od green

od green

Varminter

• 14 posts
  • Local time: 03:58 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

I have three Henry's and love them all. The first one i bought was the survival and it's still my go to gun when I'm on the tractor as critters aren't afraid of tractor noise and most shots are under 50 yards or closer. The second is the H001M mag which i use for spot and stalk to about 150 yards, great for ground hogs and foxes. The third just bought is the H001 standard 22 for my youngest son age 14 and WOW!!! put a DAISY 3x9x32 and the accuracy is fantastic for a lever action 22. I might have to make this my new go to gun if I can just get it away from him !!!