3 replies to this topic

#1 Mag-Check

Mag-Check

Varminter

• Removed Himself
  • 1,459 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

I guess RWS has been around for ever, the 22 mag ammo since the mid 60s as far as I can tell. And in that time the RWS factory spec for velocity has always been 2,040fps. but those of us that have shot the ammo and chronoed it know that it was much faster closer to 2,200fps! Now after researching I found that the velocity was dropped to 2,020fps back in the early 90s and again those of us that shoot it new that velocity was around with right lot#s 2,000fps. most of the time. And all I might add around 20 to $25 a box huh.gif Now RWS has dropped the velocity again to 1,952fps. and the price? 30 dollars a freaking box! Have the Germans lost there minds!!! anim_rofl2.gif I hope that someone from RWS reads this and I also hope they dont sell a F****** box of it in this country! mad.gif

#2 KTG

KTG

Varminter

• 39 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

Nice move by RWS huh. Glad I bought a couple of boxes awhile ago. Guess I will have to put them over the Chrony just to be sure of what they are. I still have 3 boxes of HP and 4 boxes of fmj of the real old stuff.

It's hot and accurate but I had a bad case separation with it in the early 90-'s in an old colteer single shot. That model that had no bolt shroud and I was VERY luck I had glasses on because I had a nice specle pattern around them from powder burns.

Oh well.

KTG

#3 Mag-Check

Mag-Check

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • Removed Himself
  • 1,459 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Case separation? Me too! I had over 20 boxes that went back to RWS got my money back and then some. smile.gif I wasnt wearing glasses and got crap in my eye the whole bit! Told RWS if they werent nice Id sick my shark on them anim_rofl2.gif they were real nice! wink.gif

#4 plain old Bill

plain old Bill

Varminter

• 1,189 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 AM

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Mag-Check @ Feb 4 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess RWS has been around for ever, the 22 mag ammo since the mid 60s as far as I can tell. And in that time the RWS factory spec for velocity has always been 2,040fps. but those of us that have shot the ammo and chronoed it know that it was much faster closer to 2,200fps! Now after researching I found that the velocity was dropped to 2,020fps back in the early 90s and again those of us that shoot it new that velocity was around with right lot#s 2,000fps. most of the time. And all I might add around 20 to $25 a box huh.gif Now RWS has dropped the velocity again to 1,952fps. and the price? 30 dollars a freaking box! Have the Germans lost there minds!!! anim_rofl2.gif I hope that someone from RWS reads this and I also hope they dont sell a F****** box of it in this country! mad.gif

Here,here,here I agree................where is the beef for the price hikes rim mag companys ! mad.gif

Enough BS !