• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 glenn asher

glenn asher

Varminter

• 1,260 posts
  • Local time: 09:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:25 AM

Don't bust on Whittaker's too hard, that is the busiest shop I've ever seen or been in. I usually make it down there two or three times a year, and it's always elbow to elbow in the place, they are run ragged by customers all day long (and they put in LONNNNNNNGGGGGG days, too). It IS sometimes hard to get waited on, but that's because they are working constantly, running back and forth, trying to find a rifle for a customer with "nicer wood" or whatever. I think their customer service is pretty good, considering they are open 7 days a week, from 8 to 8, that would burn anyone out, doncha think? biggrin.gif It's a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, but worth it, to see the variety and choices they provide, not to mention the very fair prices. Both of my CZs came from there, after at least a couple of trips down there to pick thru and get one with pretty wood. wink.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• czpair.jpg

#32 chunks7mm

chunks7mm

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 247 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (JimT. @ Jun 1 2007, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense meant but having a Cooper rifle and Weaver scope in the same sentence seems like something is out of place. I've always been satisfied with Leupold scopes. Like you said, go with what works.

QUOTE (shooter @ Jun 1 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep! Should have just bought a Savage instead of the Cooper NAME.

anim_rofl2.gif

QUOTE (Bayou City Boy @ Jun 1 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!!!!

shooter:

Is that what you call "firing for effect"? anim_rofl2.gif

-BCB

well i guess im just not up to par with my weavers...... rolleyes.gif im sorry if i cant KEEP you guys happy....

guess i will go sell this to buy another savage anim_rofl2.gif

im to simple to have a cooper...also i appoligize for what i said about luepold.......was a little harsh

Edited by chunks7mm, 02 June 2007 - 02:49 AM.

#33 n-rigger

n-rigger

Varminter

• 319 posts
  • Interests:3 G's: guns, girls, glamis

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (glenn asher @ Jun 2 2007, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think their customer service is pretty good, considering they are open 7 days a week, from 8 to 8, that would burn anyone out, doncha think?

well, thats why you usually hire more than one person to do some grunt work! LOL

#34 glenn asher

glenn asher

Varminter

• 1,260 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

They have the whole famn damily in there, inlaws and outlaws included, running to and fro, it's a sizeable operation, and they do a fine job, considering the busy crowds they have in there all the time. They could use a bigger parking lot, but I don't think they could handle the crowd then. Their kids and dogs even show up to work, when not in school. Add to all that, the mail-order end of things, Internet sales, and of course, the never-ending phone calls, it gets pretty hectic.

#35 JimT.

JimT.

Varminter

• 499 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:56 AM

Don't bust on Whittaker's too hard, that is the busiest shop I've ever seen or been in. I usually make it down there two or three times a year, and it's always elbow to elbow in the place, they are run ragged by customers all day long (and they put in LONNNNNNNGGGGGG days, too). It IS sometimes hard to get waited on, but that's because they are working constantly, running back and forth, trying to find a rifle for a customer with "nicer wood" or whatever. I think their customer service is pretty good, considering they are open 7 days a week, from 8 to 8, that would burn anyone out, doncha think? biggrin.gif It's a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, but worth it, to see the variety and choices they provide, not to mention the very fair prices. Both of my CZs came from there, after at least a couple of trips down there to pick thru and get one with pretty wood. wink.gif

I love my CZ and my maple stock, Team .204, the wife's rifle!

Chunks7mm, do I understand that you are willing to part with your Cooper .223 for a Savage? How much? ohmy.gif

#36 shooter

shooter

Varminter

• 2,905 posts
  • Local time: 10:59 AM
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Killing, Calling, Shooting critters, Hunting critters, Killing critters, Calling critters, 4 Wheel Drives, and Mostly My Family

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Bayou City Boy @ Jun 1 2007, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!!!!

shooter:

Is that what you call "firing for effect"?

-BCB

I don't own either of the rifles mentioned tongue.gif but I do have both Weaver and Leupold scopes anim_rofl2.gif

I just like to stir it up sometimes and saw the opporitunity on the $1200 rifle w/ $250 scope thing. I would bet that Cooper will shoot just as good with a V-16 as it would with a VX-III 4.5-14. It's just that My mind is warped and I couldn't put the V-16 on a Cooper. blink.gif

#37 Bayou City Boy

Bayou City Boy

Varminter

• Banned
  • 808 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (shooter @ Jun 2 2007, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!!!!

shooter:

-BCB

I don't own either of the rifles mentioned tongue.gif but I do have both Weaver and Leupold scopes anim_rofl2.gif

I just like to stir it up sometimes and saw the opporitunity on the $1200 rifle w/ $250 scope thing. I would bet that Cooper will shoot just as good with a V-16 as it would with a VX-III 4.5-14. It's just that My mind is warped and I couldn't put the V-16 on a Cooper. blink.gif

LOL!! I was sure that you were just jacking around or I wouldn't have posted... I just figured it would have folks peeking over tall picket fences pretty quickly... anim_rofl2.gif

If you look at the pic of my two Coopers closely.....one of them has a 10X 3200 on it. I had the scope NIB when I bought the rifle and wanted to shoot the rifle before I got another scope. It worked so well application-wise that it's been there for almost 8 years now.

And I have received a few comments about it, too... It works very well for its purpose, but its not the most common match for a Cooper either...biggrin.gif

Take care..... -BCB

#38 chunks7mm

chunks7mm

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (JimT. @ Jun 2 2007, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love my CZ and my maple stock, Team .204, the wife's rifle!

Chunks7mm, do I understand that you are willing to part with your Cooper .223 for a Savage? How much? ohmy.gif

money talks!!!

#39 chunks7mm

chunks7mm

Varminter

• Topic Starter
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Bayou City Boy @ Jun 2 2007, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shooter @ Jun 2 2007, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!!!!

shooter:

-BCB

LOL!! I was sure that you were just jacking around or I wouldn't have posted... I just figured it would have folks peeking over tall picket fences pretty quickly... anim_rofl2.gif

If you look at the pic of my two Coopers closely.....one of them has a 10X 3200 on it. I had the scope NIB when I bought the rifle and wanted to shoot the rifle before I got another scope. It worked so well application-wise that it's been there for almost 8 years now.

And I have received a few comments about it, too... It works very well for its purpose, but its not the most common match for a Cooper either...biggrin.gif

Take care..... -BCB

thats exactly what i was gonna do....just have the scope here....shoots dang well to.....was using hornady 55gr v-max moly factory loads.....
will be my benchrester from now on.....

#40 Rodonator

Rodonator

Varminter

• 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

Chuck, as I posted earlier, I'm quite happy with my Grand Slam. Frankly, I looked through my brother's Leupold VXII and a friend's VXIII and I honestly can say that the Grand Slam is at least as bright and sharp as their more expensive scopes. To me the only thing that would help would be a bigger 30mm tube and a 50mm objective. Maybe Leupold's new $1000+ scope is better but, hey, do you want to look good or do you want to buy more powder and bullets to shoot.

Enjoy your new toy.