• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 riflemike

riflemike

Varminter

• 48 posts
  • Local time: 10:58 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

Today at the range, i got to shoot a Browning T-Bolt Rimfire rifle. Light weight, blued, and sporting a beautiful walnut stock, was a real looker! It had a 2x7 Leupold scope mounted in it's special mount/rings config. Boy is that T-Bolt fast to operate. What fun to work. It's little 10 round magazine seemed to be alway empty! Accuracy? Excellent. Nice little tight holes at fifty yards. I hope someday to own one just for fun. If ya get a chance to shoot one, you will not be disappointed smile.gif.

#2 Red

Red

Sniper

• 13,190 posts
  • Local time: 01:58 PM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

I've handled one of the new ones but not fired one. I keep checking with my local dealer on the availability of the varmint version. Seems like the weight of that one would be about right for my liking....but just how many .22's does a guy need? I'm sort of afraid to buy one for the old '64 T-Bolt would be just sitting in the safe and not getting the use it deserves. Might end up with one someday, I guess there's no hurry. They are very nice no doubt and I keep hearing glowing reviews on accuracy. I particularly liked the satin finish on them as opposed to the high gloss finish on most of Browning's rifles these days. The checkering was also very nice. A couple things, the configuration of the magazine? A 5 rounder would be fine by me but I guess it works, just seems like more thought went into it than needed. And the gold trigger cheapens the overall look IMO. I think it would've been sharper with a stainless trigger.

Here's my old one;

#3 Dwight Pilkilton

Dwight Pilkilton

Varminter

• 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

I am holding out for the new Varmint version. I have 2 original T Bolts and have been very impressed with the new ones...I have a thing for straight pull actions. Sounds like you shot just about the perfect all pourpose hunting rig.

Dwight

#4 Ryand

Ryand

Varminter

• 34 posts
  • Local time: 11:58 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

I was waiting for the local Gander Mountain to get one in but was able to handle one at a local gun show. I still don't think Gander will ever have one in........
Retail was $610 and Gander was going to charge $620?? Anyway......How is the action when new?? The one at the gun show was tight, hard to cycle.

#5 troutbum

troutbum

Varminter

• Editor
  • 1,086 posts
  • Local time: 12:58 PM
  • Interests:Fly-Fishing and Tying, varmint hunting

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

That is sure a great looking rifle Red. smile.gif

#6 Sidewinder

Sidewinder

Varminter

• 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

I have handled one at work, Sportsman's Warehouse. I do not know if I like the Tbolt action, but it may smooth out with use. I have an older "A bolt" design that I like much better. The T bolt does not seem to feel as solid as the older ones, in my humble opinion. The new clip is nicer though!

#7 Dwight Pilkilton

Dwight Pilkilton

Varminter

• 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

I got to look at a Target version with the heaver barrel, the stock also has a much wider forend. The gun is still light and I would not call it a true Target or Varmit gun....but I do like the extra weight and well Santa will be here in a few months..........If I'm good biggrin.gif

Dwight

#8 Mballistic

Mballistic

Varminter

• 432 posts
  • Interests:'chuck hunting<br />black powder cartridge rifles<br />cowboy action shooting<br />corvettes

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:52 AM

I have a Belgian Browning T2 grade T-Bolt made in 1971 for sale. All accessories. As new in the box.
$950.00 + shipping.
Jeff

Edited by Mballistic, 02 October 2007 - 05:48 PM.

#9 Dwight Pilkilton

Dwight Pilkilton

Varminter

• 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Mballistic @ Oct 2 2007, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a belgian browning T-Bolt made in 1971 for sale. All accessories. As new in the box.
$950.00 + shipping.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I have 2 T-2s already, 1 95%+ and the other a salt gun I rescued and reblued...I want a new one to add to the gang....I have a thing for straight pull guns.

Dwight

#10 cherokee

cherokee

Varminter

• 1 posts
  • Local time: 04:58 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

I Have just purchased a brand new t bolt varminter and it looks just great, nice piece of wood to . the bluing is as good as the originals, of which i have two,a deluxe with french walnut and checkering at 22 lines an inch the other a shorter model with beech wood stock, both tack drivers, and still in mint condition. took the varminter to my local range for a test,set up targets at fifty metres, and tried a variety of 22 ammo, this rifle was not fussy at all . it shot bull eyes, all afternoon, it really liked winchester T22 in wich we were putting five shot in a quater inch . triger pull was smooth the magazine took a little bit of getting used to but was OK the rifle had been glass bedded at the factory. happy shooting to you all. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif